Chapter Eight: Confessions

Songs:

How to Save a Life-The Fray

Say Something-A Great Big World

this is a short chapter, that's why there's only two songs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin's POV

I was so happy. Clary told me she loved me, and I couldn't stop thinking about her. I decided to go to her room. When I walked in, she was lying on her bed, with a conflicted expression on her face. She was looking at a photo. "Hey, Clary." I said sweetly.

"Hi." she said with a small smile. I sat down next to her and I looked closer at the picture. It was of her and Jace, with Isabelle and Simon in the background.

"Why do you still have that? I thought you threw all the pictures of you and him away.." I said, confused. An expression I couldn't read crossed her face.

"Um..because Izzy and Simon are in it." she said. I could tell she was lying, but I let it go. I muttered an "okay" as I moved closer to her. I saw her bright green eyes with explosions of blue in them, the cute little freckles over her nose and cheeks, her red lips, and thick, flowing red hair. "You're so beautiful." I whispered unconsciously. The corners of her mouth turned up a little as she looked at the floor and blushed. I reached out and lifted her head gently up to mine and kissed her. It was a sweet, small, and loving kiss. She pulled away carefully, questionable guilt in her eyes. "Justin. I have to tell you something." Uh oh, I thought, this can't be good.

Clary's POV

I have to tell him, I thought. I had to be honest. As I took a breath to start, my door opened yet again, and Jace walked in, disheveled. Of all people, I thought. This would be so much more difficult now. "Clary-I-" he started with confusion. But Justin interrupted him, "Really man? You barge in again, right when she was about to tell me something?" A smirk spread over Jace's face. "What, that she just made out with me? A day after she kissed you?" Well, shit. Justin's face fell, with so much hurt that it was hard to look at him. My eyes focused on my shoes. "Clary?" he asked with a small voice. "Is that true?" I glared at Jace as if to say "I hate you" a thousand times. He still had a stupid little smirk on his face.

"Yes, Justin, it's true." I sighed. His expression was pure betrayal. "How could you? You say you love me then you go and kiss him, the one I've been trying to protect you from?" Anger replaced his hurt expression as he stood up and shoved Jace, hard, against my door. "And you-you asshole-you ruin everything don't you-" he started. Jace was shooting threatening looks at him. He said, "I could kick your ass so easily right here, Justin, but it would only make things more complicated." He pushed Justin off of him and stormed out of the door. I was still sitting here, paralyzed, trying to explain myself. Look at you Clary, you're no better than Jace. 

"Justin-please listen to me-" I begged. "It's not what it looks like-" I tried, but he interrupted, unable to look at me. "Clary...please-just don't even try." And just like that, he left.