Chapter Nine: Old Friends

Songs for this chapter:

I Never Told You-Colbie Caillat

The Reason-Hoobastank

Another short chapter, but the next one will be juicyy:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clary's POV

I was lying on my bed, lost in my thoughts, as I wondered what would happen now. I lost one of my best friends, and I lost the only one I ever loved more than anything in the world. Sure, I could talk to Simon, Isabelle, or Tegan, but no one would replace either Justin or Jace.

As if reading my mind, both Isabelle and Simon entered my room. "What's wrong, Clary?" Simon asked, though concerned expressions were on both of their faces. "Why do you ask?" I said with a flat tone.

"Well you weren't at breakfast, but Jace and Justin were, and when we asked where you were, they both stared at each other, like one of them was going to kill the other." said Isabelle. I could feel the guilt in my expression. "Spill." said Isabelle as both her and Simon sat on the futon in my room. I sighed and gave them the whole story between Jace, Justin and I, leaving out the personal details. Once I finished, expecting both of them to see me as a cheater, Isabelle said, "Wow. You've gotten yourself into a mess, haven't you." I nodded sadly at her, then Simon said, "Wait. You kissed Jace, after everything he's done to you?" I nodded again, guiltily. "You guys probably hate me, I treated those two so badly, I'm the cheater now." I said with despair.

"Clary, how could you think that? We don't hate you, we could never hate you." said Simon. "Yeah, and you're not a cheater. Even if you think you broke their hearts, at least you told them the truth." said Isabelle. I gave them a small smile. "Thank you, both of you. I missed having you guys here with me." Both of them looked at me with compassion. "I don't know what to do now, though." I wore an indecisive expression. "Why don't you come with us to Pandemonium tonight? It'll help take your mind off things. You can invite Tegan and Sam, too." Simon said kindly. "Hmm..it depends.." I said, contemplating, "Will Jace and Justin be there?" I finished. A sheepish expression passed over Isabelle's face. "Yeah.." she confessed. "But you don't have to talk to them. You can hang out with us." she said hastily. "It'll be fun." Simon added, with an encouraging grin on his face. "Oh...alright." I gave in. They smiled happily. "But only if Isabelle makes me look hot." I said jokingly. They laughed at that. "Trust me, I will." said Isabelle with a sly smile.