1

Wheein woke up to the pounding sound of her alarm clock. She slowly rolled out of bed and put on her slippers. She stared at her tired face in the mirror for a minute and yawned before washing her face and getting ready. Once she was done she hopped on her bike and headed to school.

Out of sheer excitement, joy woke up 20 minutes earlier than her alarm set. as she showered she thought of the endless possibilities that entailed her senior year of high school. as she got dressed she thought of the new connections and adventures she'd look back on in the future and smile at. lastly, as she drove to school she couldn't help but to imagine her life after high school.

Wheein felt bad, all of the other seniors had cars. Her family couldn’t afford to buy her a car just yet so she had to bike to school every day. Just her luck this was her first time at this school as well. Once she parked and chained her bike up she headed to the front office to get her new schedule. She was very shy at first so she knew today was going to be quite rough.

joy parked her car in the same space she'd parked her car for the last two years. quickly checking her teeth in the rearview mirror and reapplying her lipstick, she grabbed her purse and got out of the car, ignoring the smiles and waves of her former classmates making her way over to the cafeteria where she met her boyfriend underneath the large oak tree that served as their meeting place. as usual, he was too occupied with his friends, exchanging stories of the soccer summer camp he and his teammates attended. not wanting to spend her morning listening to details about goalies and defense plays, she gave Ryan a quick kiss goodbye and made her way to the office to pick up her class schedule.

Wheein was lost. She didn’t know anything about this school or the people in it. Reading her schedule was like reading a completely different language. She didn’t want to but she needed to ask for help so she didn’t embarrass herself. A tall black haired girl walked into the office, grabbing her schedule as it appeared. Wheein walked over and tapped her shoulder “h-hey.. can you um... can you show me where this class is?” She pointed at her first period teachers name looking very nervous.

feeling a tap on her shoulder, joy turned around and was met with a girl, confusion evident on her face. she looked to the paper where the girl pointed and disregarded her need for help. instead, looking down at her shoes, scanning her body giving her a once over. deciding that her outfit was decent enough, joy decided that helping the lost girl would benefit her in some sort. looking back at the paper, she recognized the teacher as her own. looking back at the girl she smiled reassuringly. "Mrs. Olive is my first period teacher. how about we walk together?"