Chapter 15- Baby Jones

It was Halloween and Jada was due any day now. The young pregnant girl rubs her aching lower back and groans.
  "Come on Lavender," she speaks softly.
  "Hey, Jada!" Gavin yells scaring her.
  "Asshole, don't spook me!" Jada grumbles.
  "I'm sorry, how are you feeling?"
  "Awful, I think today might be the day," she answers. "My back is killing me and my contractions are more frequent."
  "Don't you think you should go to the hospital?" Gav asks.
  "I'll be okay. I'm giving it until work is done," Jada assures him. "I'm gonna take a little break." She stands up, stretching slightly, Gavin points at her jeans unable to say anything.

   "Oh shit, why here of all places?" Jada questions.
  "Does that mean you're in labor?" Gavin asks curiously. "Should I get someone?"
"Yes you idiot! Get Michael!" Jada yells.
_____________

Michael holds Jada's hand as she squeezes it tightly. It's been about six hours and their child still hasn't come out. Jada pushes one more time and the doctor instructs her to breathe and push one final time.
  "I see her head. She's almost out of there," the doctor says. After one big push, Jada hears the cries of her daughter and immediately gets overwhelmed with emotions. After a nurse cleans and dresses her, she's placed on Jada's chest.
  "I called it," Michael says while sitting down. "She's a ginger. Bet she has green eyes too."
  "Lucky guess," Jada whispers while gently caressing Tatiana's back. "I can't believe I'm a mother."
  "I can't believe she came on Halloween," Michael comments. "It's gonna be great planning her birthday parties. Get some rest. You earned it." Michael carefully picks his daughter up and rocks her gently.
  "You have no idea how lucky you are to have Solana as your mom," he says. "She's the most wonderful woman in the world, you'll see as you get older."
_________________

It's been two months since Tatiana was brought into the world and parenthood is hitting Jada and Michael hard. They're still looking for a nanny, so they've had to bring their child into work, which didn't bother anyone especially Geoff. Whether he knew it or not he was a huge help to the new parents.
  "You're the cutest little baby ever!" Geoff coos happily as he's rocking the two-month child. Tati giggles reaching for Geoff's beard trying to touch it.
  "You know she doesn't act like that with us at all," Michael grumbles. "What's the secret Geoff?"
  "It's my dad aura," he answers. "I've been a parent longer than you two so I know how to handle babies." Jada's phone begins to ring. She smiles as she sees it's her mother calling her.
"I'll be right back," she says while getting up. Jada steps out of the office and answers the call.

   "Hi mama," Jada says happily.
  "Hi Solana, how's everything with the baby?" Her mother asks.
  "Kind of difficult but we'll manage," she answers.
  "You know you should bring Tatiana and Michael to Brazil for your birthday and Christmas," her mother suggests. "So they can meet the family." Not everyone in her family knows about Tatiana and Michael. There's a reason she asked her parents to keep it a secret too.
  "Oh, I don't know mom. I'm not ready for them to meet my daughter and boyfriend," Jada finally says.
  "Please think about it filha. Everyone will be here," her mom says. "Your father and I are dying to meet our granddaughter and son-in-law."
  "I'll think about it. I have to go I love you," Jada says before hanging up.

   "Everything okay?" Michael asks poking his head through the door.
  "My mom wants us to come to Brazil for the holidays," she sighs.
  "What's wrong with that?" he asks innocently.
  "My whole family is going to ridicule me for having a baby out of wedlock and being with someone who isn't Brazilian," Jada sighs.
  "Oh come on it can't be that bad," Michael says.

Michael was right in a way. It wasn't bad, everyone was just shocked, to say the least. There stood Jada, holding Tatiana in one arm and squeezing Michael's hand. There stood her family not saying one single word.
"Well, since none of you are gonna say anything," Jada mumbles. "This is my daughter Tatiana and my boyfriend, Michael."
"Of course your daughter would have a child with a white boy, Sonia," her aunt Cristina snickers.
"Shall I remind you of your thief of a daughter who's on parole right now Cristina," Sonia snaps.
"I didn't mean to get pregnant okay? It just happened. If you don't like the fact that I have a kid, I'm not married, and I'm with Michael then don't talk to me or about me," Jada says. "I only came here so my parents could meet Tati and Michael." She hands her daughter to Sonia and takes Michael upstairs to their room.
___________

   A few of Jada's relatives have warmed up to Tatiana and Michael. Especially her grandparents which made her really happy. Tatiana was sound asleep while everyone else was preparing for Jada's birthday/ Christmas which was a week away. She and Michael are sitting on the roof to her grandparents' house watching the stars.
"Your family is great," Michael says breaking the silence.
"They are when they want to be," she jokes.
"Told you it couldn't be that bad."
"Yeah yeah, whatever Jones. Seriously though, thanks for coming with me," Jada says while sitting up.
"Why are you thanking me for doing what boyfriends do?" he asks.
"God, can you get any more amazing?" Jada sighs happily. Michael nervously reaches in his pocket and pulls out a small velvet box. He opens it slowly revealing a stunning oval engagement ring.

 He opens it slowly revealing a stunning oval engagement ring

"Holy fuck!" Jada shouts.
"Did I get even more amazing?" Michael asks.
"Yes and yes," she answers with a smile. Michael pulls the ring out and slides it carefully on his fiancée's left ring finger.
"Why were you so nervous?" Jada asks while resting her head on his shoulder.
"I really don't know. I guess I was afraid you'd say no," he answers.
"And pass up on being Mrs. Jones? I don't think so," she giggles.