Chapter 9- Off Topic

Jada was waiting patiently for Michael, Trevor, and Mica to finish getting ready. This was her first time being on Off Topic and she was super nervous. Not because it's live but because Michael and Trevor would be there. She was mainly concerned about the latter teasing her and hinting that they've been sleeping together on the low. Mica comes out and sits next to her immediately noticing that she's nervous.
  "Don't worry. I know he's not stupid enough to try anything," Mica reassures Jada.
"Yeah, you're right. It's just gonna be real weird since I've been with bo—" Jada quickly stops herself from finishing by biting her tongue. Mica raises her eyebrow trying to figure out what her friend wanted to say. Then it clicks.
"You did not do what I think you did," Mica says quietly watching Jada's bright green eyes shift to the floor.
  "Jada, what the fuck?" Mica says. "You're so much better than that."
  "I'm not Mica," Jada says with a pathetic smile. "I can't stay away from him."

   Michael walks out and takes a seat next to Jada. The girls tense up and he tilts his head in confusion.
  "What's up with you two?" he questions.
  "Nothing. Just a little nervous," Jada lies. Michael leans in close to her ear, his warm breath tickling it as he opens his mouth to speak.
  "Don't lie to me sunshine," Michael murmurs. "Be a good girl." He caresses her thigh sending a shiver down her spine. Mica notices the action and shakes her head. Trevor finally arrives and the cameras start rolling.
  "We have two very special guests with us today. Two hard working ladies here at RT. Give it up for Mica and Jada," Trev introduces. "Jada this is your first time being on here. Are you nervous?"
  "Yeah, just a little bit. It's all overwhelming," she answers.
  "Don't worry you get used to being in the spotlight after a while," Mica says.

   After a good hour, Jada got comfortable, completely forgetting why she was so worked up in the first place until Trev brought up questions the fans have about her.
  "So, there have been a lot of questions about you Jada," he says.
  "Oh man, what do they wanna know?"
  "Og fans wanna know what the nature of your relationship with Michael was. Are you okay to answer that?"
  "Yeah, um me and Michael flirted a lot that's it," she answers.
  "You forgot to mention the part where we liked each other," Michael adds.
  "I rather not get into that," Jada sighs.
  "Why not? You can't just give a half-assed answer."
  "Michael, I was asked the question not you," Jada sasses. "Next question."
  "Why did you leave?"
  "I left because I was going through a tough time. My grandfather had passed and I just couldn't focus on working anymore," Jada says.

   "You left because you were heartbroken," Michael corrects. Jada looks at him bewildered. She opens her mouth to say something, but Mica places her hand on her arm telling her to stay quiet.
  "What? It's true. I broke your heart," he shrugs. "And you came back for m—"
  "If there aren't any more questions, I'd like to go," Jada says. "Since Michael wants to be an ass." She scoots out of the chair and marches back to the office to get work done.
  "Un-fucking-believable," she mutters. "Geoff, I'm going to kill Michael."
  "Why now?"
  "Pissing me off," she groans. "He's my Gavin."
  "Hey, I'm right here," Gav says.
  "I'll talk to him okay? Don't let whatever he said get to you," Geoff says with a soft smile.
  "He exposed me on Off Topic! Private things I answered a little bit differently from the truth," she grumbles. "And he's just gonna say 'Yeah we liked each other and shit.'"

   "Well, we did," Michael says entering the office. "I don't understand why you wouldn't say that."
  "Because I just didn't want to. God, what's gotten into you lately?"
  "I could ask you the same thing," he grins. She knew sleeping with him again would bite her in the ass eventually.
  "Alright kids, stop fighting we have a busy day," Jack says ending their argument.
____________

   "What the fuck is up with you Michael?" Lindsey questions.
  "Nothing is up. I'm fine," Michael answers getting ready for bed. "Let's not get into it tonight."
  "I wouldn't have to if you stopped lying to me," she answers. "What was that stunt you pulled on Off Topic?"
  "It wasn't a stunt, it was the truth," he says.
  "She didn't want to answer with the truth, which I don't blame her for so why did you do it?"
  "You wanna know why? Because I love fucking with her. It's fun," Michael answers growing annoyed.
  "You still love her don't you?"
  "Lindsey enough!"
  "Ever since she came back, you've been acting differently."
  "No, I haven't. I'm still the same old Michael," he says.
  "You've been working late, hardly spending time with me. I have the right to know what's going on," Lindsey protests. "We were supposed to start a family by now."
  "You know I don't have to listen to this bullshit every night," Michael says grabbing a jacket. "I'm going out."

   Michael repeatedly knocks on the dark wooden door until he sees a pair of sleepy green eyes meet his.
  "What are you doing here?" Jada grumbles.
  "Got in an argument. Can I come in?"
  "After that shit you pulled? Hell no."
  "Please? I'm sorry for doing that," he says rubbing the back of his neck. The tired girl steps to the side letting the loud-mouthed Jersey native in.
  "Come here," he says pulling her into a hug. "Do you forgive me?"
  "If I forgive you, will you let me sleep?" Jada mumbles.
  "Yes."
  "I forgive you then," she yawns. "Come on." She leads him to her room and gets comfortable. Michael kicks his shoes off and climbs in next to her. He pulls her close to cuddle.
  "I miss this," he says. "I miss you."
  "I miss nice Michael," she laughs softly. "Stop being so mean to me at work."
  "It's just really fun getting to you," he admits. "I'll go easy on you."
  "Thank you. Now shut up and go to sleep."
  "Alright, sunshine. Sweet dreams," Michael says. "I love you."
  "I love you too, jerk," Jada says before falling asleep.