Chapter 14- Time off

After the confession, both Michael and Jada took some time off of work. During that period, they spent it bonding and shopping for their daughter who would be here soon. The couple bought a small house and settled in just in time to go back to work.
  "Hey listen, if you feel too tired Geoff said you can go home," Michael tells his new girlfriend.
  "I'll be fine, I don't wanna be in the house until Tati is born," Jada says getting out of his car. Michael inhales slowly then exhales quickly before following Jada inside. He was honestly nervous as hell to be back at work, and the fact that his child will be here in less than a month added fuel to the fire. Jada however, remains calm and collected about everything.

   "Jada! Michael!" Mica shouts happily. "Holy shit, I missed you guys."
  "Missed you too Mica," Jada says while attempting to hug her. "I can't wait until this girl pops out."
  "How are you and her?" Mica asks.
"She's doing fine, me, however, this kid is kicking my ass," she answers.
  "Tell me more on the podcast," Mica grins.
  "Wait really?"
  "Yeees. You and Michael. It starts soon come on." Jada looks at Michael confused and he shrugs, taking her hand and walks behind the happy Mica.
"Don't be so nervous," Jada tells Michael.
"Easy for you to say," he chuckles timidly.

"So how has Off Topic been without me?" Michael asks.
"It felt a bit weird," Trevor answers. "How was it taking time off?"
"It was mind opening and hectic. We got a house and it took forever to pack Jada's stuff and unpack it. Oh and we had to go shopping for the baby," Michael explains.
"It wasn't that hectic," Jada scoffs. "Drama queen."
"Well you know as someone who did all the heavy lifting," he teases. "Taking time off was great overall. We got to bond and shit like that. I know you're gonna ask what we did after the whole confession so let's get into that."

   Jada left the conference room feeling somewhat better. She saw Lindsey talking to Michael outside of the office. They hugged afterward and Lindsey left. Jada rubs her arm awkwardly and looks down. There was no way past him.
  "Hey," he says getting her attention.
  "Hey. So I had a talk with Lindsey," Jada says.
  "Any chance it had to do with me impregnating you?" he asks. "She told me I'd be a great dad then left."
  "Yeah. I hope you're not upset."
  "Nah. I just told everyone who watches Off Topic that I'm a dirty cheater," Michael says jokingly.
  "Why would you do that?" Jada questions.
  "Because I love you dummy and it's not fair to you or Lindsey. Come here." Jada walks over to him and he pulls her into his arms, rubbing her back soothingly.
  "It's just the three of us now. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting," he apologizes.
  "It's okay Michael. I think we should take some time off."
  "I one hundred percent agree. Get shit figured out and situated."

   "And after that Michael packed all of his things and moved in with me and the next day we just relaxed and hung out. We did that for a month, then went back to adulting the next month and by the end of August we found a small house not too far from work," Jada explains.
  "Have either of you talked to Lindsey?" Mica asks.
  "I did a few weeks ago. She sent me a text asking if I wanted to meet up somewhere to talk and I said yeah," Michael says.
  "What did you guys talk about?"
  "Divorce and other things that are private," he answers.
  "You two are happy together?" Trev asks.
  "Happy would be an understatement," Jada smiles while holding Michael's hand.
______________

Michael invited Gavin to help him finish painting and setting up the nursery after work. Gavin brought his tools over so he could put the crib together while Michael got the paint ready. The brit noticed that his friend seemed a bit distracted, there was a lot going on in his life, but he wanted Michael to talk to him about his problems.
"You okay Michael boy?" Gavin asks while putting his drill together.
"Huh? Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking," he answers.
"What about?"
"Jada. I know it's too soon, and I'm not even divorced yet, but I've been thinking about proposing. Am I crazy?"
"Have you got a ring already?" Michael pulls a tiny box out from his pocket and shows it to Gavin.
"Do it. You've loved her for so long anyway, might as well pop the question," Gav says. "Do it when you feel ready."
"There were a few times where I was about to, but something stopped me. I guess I'm really nervous," Michael sighs. "I know she's not gonna say no but..."
"But it's the thought that she might," Gav mentions.

Jada bites her lip while her ear is pressed against the door listening to the two lads talking. She had butterflies flipping around in her stomach thinking about Michael proposing and eventually marrying him.
"I'll be waiting," she thinks.
______________

Wow I think I might be close to finishing this story already, maybe 2 more chapters to go plus an epilogue 😭