Chapter 11: My Date

Angel's POV:

Its been a few days since my fight with Kelly. Kyanna was released from the hospital. She told me all about how Connor healed her and how he and her are cool. I asked her if he said anything about me. She said he wanted to wish me good luck on my date today. I really didn't want to go but I didn't want to hurt Mark's feelings. I got dressed in regular clothes. I texted him saying that I didn't want to go to a fancy place. He was fine with it. "Angel, you ready gurl?" Called Sasha. I sighed. "Yeah, I'm ready." I said.

I walked downstairs to see Mark sitting on the couch. All the dudes surrounded him. He looked uncomfortable. They were just protecting me. It wasn't necessary though. "All right guys. I think you scared him enough. Let's go Mark." I said. We walked out to his car. "So Mark, what pack are you in?" I asked. "I'm from Greenwood. I've heard about you Angel. The great werewolf/mermaid hybrid." He said. He grew silent.

"Can I....see your tail?" He asked. "Um, I'd rather not right now. We're in a small space and there's no liquid around." I said. "Okay, I understand. But you'll show me, right?" He asked. "Sure." I said. Why is he pushing so hard to see my tail? Boys are weird. We pulled up to a restaurant. "I thought I said no fancy restaurant?" I asked. "You did, but this isn't entirely fancy." He said. I stared at him. "Oh com on Angel, just enjoy it. You're gonna have fun." He said. He got out and opened my door. I thanked him and walked inside.

He was right. Its not all fancy. Some people were in fancy clothes, some weren't. There was a child play area. "See, what I'd tell ya?" Mark said and grabbed my hand. I smiled. Heed me to a table. "Mr. Purdam? You're usual sir?" A waiter asked. "You know it Cal." He said. The waiter walked off. "You're usual? So I'm guessing you bring a lot of girls here?" I asked. He shook his head. "Nope. My family owns the restaurant." He said. "So you're pack is okay with you're family having humans come here?" I asked. He chuckled. "Angel look around." He said.

I did. "You're surrounded by other magical beings. Humans aren't the only ones who come here. Besides it helps bring money into the pack." He said. The waiter came back with out food. He had his usual and I had a salad. "Uh, Mark, I didn't order this. I didn't order at all." I said. "Oh. I just thought you might want salad. All girls always order salad on the first date." He said. "No that's stereotypical. Not all Gil's order salad on the first date. I order what I feel like eating. If want a salad, I'll order one. If I want a froes, I'll order fries. If I want a cheeseburger, I'll order a cheeseburger." I said. "Okay, I get it. I'll order whatever you want." He said.

I ordered a hamburger with fries and Sprite to wash it down. He was surprised at my choice of food. "You really chowing down." He said. "I'm sorry. I'm not really uses to eating out with people. My old pack didn't allow me too." I said. Why did you say that? "Why not?" He asked. I didn't really want to ask. "I don't want to say." I said. "But I want to know." He said. I shook my head. "Angel, if we're gonna have a relationship, we need to be open with each other." He said. Fuck he just say? Leave it alone Sky. "Um, relationship? We just met a few days ago. Besides, I'm not comfortable telling you about my past." I said, defensively.

"Angel?!" Someone called me. I turned my head to see Connor's parents. "Oh hey Shelley, George." I greeted and hugged them. "I didn't know you had a boyfriend." She said. "Oh no ma'am. We're just on a date." I said. "I'm her future boyfriend. The name's Mark." Mark said. I looked at him. NIGGA?! "Oh okay. I'm George and this is my wife, Shelley. Nice to meet you son." George said. "Aye yo Angel!!" Screamed Tyler. Oh Jesus noooo. I laughed to myself. Tyler walked over and hugged me. "Hey Angel." Kacey and Connor greeted me. Thank God their here. It was about to get ugly.