Chapter Fourteen

Image : Paul Lima

I stared into Demetrius face. Butterflies erupted within my stomach as he stared at me. The way he looked at me made me feel as if I was the only one in the room. He seemed to stare into my very soul. I knew there were plenty of other people in the room, but I didn't care at the moment. I couldn't help but smile that is until the sound of the door opening caught my attention but I didn't look away until Demetrius broke our eye contact to look at the person coming into the room.

Standing under the doorway was a tall well built man. My eyes traveled from his well polished black shoes up to his black tailored suit, over his well built shoulders, up his well strong jaw. He looked like a man who demanded respect and nothing less than that. For some odd reason, he looked slightly familiar but I just couldn't see from were.

"Hello," he said. His voice was deep and smooth. He nodded at Demetrius dad and mother. His eyes connected with the rest and lastly laded on me. I felt my blood rush right out as I let out a gasp when I looked into his eyes. They were the same as mine.

"What are you doing here?" I turned my head towards my furious mother. I hadn't realized she was here until now. She glared at the man who stood at the edge of the bed. He had made his way into the room his eyes never leaving me.

"I heard my daughter was very sick and staying in the house of my best friend," he said simply his ice blue eyes resting on me.

Daughter.

It all began to connect once he said the word slipped out. I stared dumbfounded at the man who I knew was my father. I hadn't seen him in the longest and it was safe to say that time had been kind to him. I always knew my father was a handsome man.

"Daddy?" My voice sounded so small and I hated it because it made me sound weak but I was so surprised to see my dad right here in front of me. I had no idea how he looked like but he was how I had imagined him nonetheless. I felt my heart squeeze as tears began to blur my vision.

The man before me smiled as I called him daddy, "Yes princess it's me your daddy." He began to approach me. I pushed myself off the bed but before he could make any contact with me, my mom stepped in front of him blocking his way.

"Don't you dare get near her, get the hell away from my daughter Paul," she growled out shoving him back.

My father's eyes moved towards my mother, "Brianna this is not the time."

I watched my mom's stance. She was clenching her fist a sign that she was angry.

"On the contrary, I think this is the time. I don't want you near my children," retorted mom her hands over her hips. If I knew something about my mom, she was stubborn as can be.

"They are my children too Brianna," dad said firmly trying to side step my and get to me, but of course mom was not having it. She took the same step as he did blocking his way once again.

I glanced over at Max and Julie who stood frozen staring at dad. I would have thought Max would be saying so much more than he was right now. Max always said the next time he saw dad he would tell him so many hateful things, at the time I was glad dad hadn't come around. I didn't want Max to say anything hateful towards him, dad wasn't a bad guy, he wasn't. I didn't blame him for leaving us.

But there stood Max just staring at dad with a shocked look.

Mom let out a sarcastic laugh. "Now you think of them as your children? Where were you when they would get hurt? Or when they were sick? When Max got an award from his football team? Or when Julie was elected class president? Where were you when Anastasia would get sick because of her heart? Where were you when Anastasia would get bullied to no end at school and Julie and Max had to step in to defend her! You were no were to be seen. You have no right to call them your children when you were not there to raise them! You gave that right up!"