Chapter Ten

I gulped at the air desperately trying to take as much as I could possibly take. My heart ached as it struggled to beat. I felt as if it was really going to give up on me this time. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. The door suddenly slammed opened bouncing off the wall, startling me and causing my heart to practically leap out of my chest right there and then.

I placed a hand over my chest as I kept trying to gulp down air. Standing in the doorway was none other than Demetrius. He stood tall and rigid. His eyes locked with mine as he examined me. Seeing that I was desperately trying to breath, he shut the door locking it before he strides towards me.

The bed dipped as he sat down watching me. The sound of door knob jiggling brought my attention towards the door. Not soon after, there was banging on the door. “Open the god damn door! I want to see my sister! Open the door now!” screamed Max, who I assumed was the one banging on the door.

I flinched and my heart picked up once again. He was mad. Max was furious he was going to kill Demetrius. I wasn’t sure if that was possible it could be a fair fight because let be honest, Demetrius looked like he could kill my brother as well.

A light touch on my cheek made me snap my eyes back to who was in front of me. Demetrius was touching my cheek lightly not enough but enough that I felt the tip of his finger tips. It seemed as a million butterflies decided to erupt within me at that exact time.

 As soon as he had my attention though, he brought his hand back down. My breathing was erect still but I kept my gaze on him not daring too look away and for a strange reason not wanting to look away.

“Look only at me Anastasia. Breathe slowly okay? You’re going to be okay.” Something in me listened and I began to breath slower to control my heart. I couldn’t look away from his grey eyes. They were mesmerizing and comforting at the same time. “That’s it.”

Once my heart was beating semi normally, I tore my gaze away from him, feeling the heat rise up my cheeks. My heart began to hammer once again but this time it wasn’t because of lost of breath but out of being a nerves wreck. I stared at him as he stared at me not once commenting the fact I was blushing. Of course the moment was shattered as another bang outside the door was heard.

“I SWEAR TO ALL THAT IS GOOD IF YOU DO NOT OPEN THIS FUCKEN DOOR I AM GOING TO TEAR IT DOWN!” Max shouted angrily.

“You will do no such thing in my home!”

“Sorry ma’am but your son is trying my patience at this moment.”

I looked back at Demetrius through my eyelashes. He hadn’t looked away his stare was firmly on me. It took me a couple seconds to get the courage to speak. “I-I think you should let my brother in here o-or I can’t promise you that he won’t break that door…” I whispered.

Demetrius scoffed at this, “Believe me if your brother breaks something in this house I will break him.”

My mouth hanged open as he strides over to open the door not waiting for a response. Immediately, the door open and in charged a very angry Max. He threw glares at Demetrius who leaned against the wall without a care in the world. “How dare you lock yourself in a room with my sister!” roared Max his eyes flashing with anger.

Demetrius smirked, “Don’t talk to me in that manner pup. I can lock myself in a room with your sister when your sister is in my home.”

Pup? That was a weird way of calling someone.

“Now you can talk to her if you want. She’s all yours, be ready to eat in a couple minutes though.” He turned to leave. Angelica reached out placing an arm on his shoulder halting him. “Where are you going?” she asked cautiously.