Chapter Seven

Image: Angelica Powers 

                     ~*~*~*~

To say I wanted die right there and then wasn’t enough. Oh no. I wanted a hole to appear and swallow me from at that moment. I felt as if my cheeks were matching with my fiery red hair. My heart was hammering like crazy and I felt pricks all over my skin. I knew I was so close into having a meltdown.

“Hello Mother,” murmured Demetrius after a few seconds of silence. Needless to say, I relaxed a bit at the sound of his voice, which was baffling to me but I didn’t fight it. I took deep breaths and without meaning to, I felt my hands clench the front of Demetrius shirt. I knew I was doing it but I couldn’t stop myself.

I felt Demetrius stiffen under my hand but relaxed soon after. I felt his eyes boring onto the side of my face but I kept my gaze fixed on the lady in front of us, who looked at me with curiosity.

She stood in front of me with so much elegance radiating from all around her. It was kind of hard to believe this lady was Demetrius and the rest of the Power siblings, Mother. She looked too young maybe around her early thirties or late. Her curly blonde hair flowed down mid waist. Her skin was perfection, unblemished and without any sort of wrinkles. Her vivid blue eyes bore into me and a smile was painted on her face showing off her glimmering perfect teeth. I looked down at what she was wearing and it wasn’t all out but it suited her perfectly still making her look stunning. A white cotton dress down to her knees with a pearl necklace, a perfect lady.

“Hello Demetrius,” she greeted her son. “Are you going to tell me why you are caring this young lady?”  She asked once again rubbing her necklace, with a small playful smile.

“No,” replied Demetrious curtly.

My mouth fell open at his aggressiveness towards his mother. The smile she wore was wiped out immediately. I felt the air around us change. She narrowed her eyes at her son as she placed her hands over her hips. “Do not speak to me in that manner Demetrius. I am your mother and you will respect me because boy I brought you into this world and I can take you right back out. Got it?”

I felt Demetrius take a deep breath. I thought he was going to snap at her once more but surprisingly he did not. “Yes mother,” he replied calmly.

I wanted to laugh because as arrogant as he had tried to come out as a couple of seconds ago, I was glad someone was able to shut him up.

Mrs. Powers proceeded to glare at her son as she began to play with her necklace again. “Good because I did not raise you to be rude. Now can you put the young lady down, I believe she is capable of walking on her own. Aren’t you?” Her blue eyes finding my own.

Unable to find my voice, I nodded. I felt my blood run cold. It was because she was scary because she didn’t look scary but it was the fact that she looked so sweet and so nice that intimidated me.

Hesitating, Demetrius eventually placed me down. Without any second thought, I quickly moved away from him sending him death glares as I did so. How dare he take me out of the car forcefully and not only that, but he also carried me as if I was a child! I watched him carefully not solemnly trusting him not to grab me once again and tossing me over his shoulder, a stunt I was sure he would take pleasure in doing so.

He glared right back just as hard as I was or maybe more. “You would think she is capable of walking and getting off the car as well but you would be surprised.” He gritted out. I made a face at him before crossing my arms over my chest fighting the blush that wanted to creep up.

“Well maybe I didn’t want to come here,” I snapped.

“Well maybe you shouldn’t have agreed in the first place,” he snapped back crossing his arms over his chest and on him it looked more intimidating as well as better. The muscles on his arms showing even more. I tried my best not to cast a gaze at them or look at them long.