Chapter Eight

Image: Louie 

~*~*~* 

Demetrius POV

“I want to take my sister home now!” Max shouted for the fifth time in the past two minutes and for the fifth time in two minutes, I was pushed back from attacking him.

“Restrain yourself son!” Father shouted using the tone with me. I felt anger bubbled within me and I refused to listen to him even if he used his Alpha tone on me. I tried to take another step towards Max, who was being held back by Jacob and Jesse. It took him by surprise how I had pushed aside through his Alpha tone, but being Father he regain himself quickly. Giving me a stern look he continued to say.  “If not for us for that girl in the room upstairs!”

That was all he had to say for me to restrain myself, for my wolf to fall back, not completely he was still growling and hissing with anger. I nodded curtly but kept my angry gaze on Max, who returned it with no shame.

“Tell that to him,” I sneered. Both my wolf and I did not appreciate the fact that Max was showing disobedience. That he was trying to challenge me, threaten me.

Father patted my shoulder before he turned to Max. “I understand you are upset right now young man but it is best that you let your sister rest after what happened to her. I don’t believe that it is appropriate to move her at this persise moment, let her rest.”

Max broke the glare he had fixed on me, fixing his gaze towards Father. “You do not know what is best for my sister! She is my sister she has nothing to do with you so I decide what is best for her!” He shouted making my wolf angrier. He was not only disrespecting my father but he was also threatening to awaken Anastasia.

Fathers eyes darken. His wolf slowly showing signs. Father was a patient man but the man had anger within him no one wanted to mess with. He was Alpha for a reason. I had inherited his anger along with Mothers.  “I know you are upset but I suggest you change your tone with me young man. You are in my home in my property may I remind you.”

Max seemed to want to challenge him but something in him gave in and he lowered his head in defeat. “I apologize but I do want to take my sister home.”

I was taken aback by the way he had become so submissive. It was baffling. I glanced at Louie who was staring right back. Our past conversation replying within my mind.  

“I’m not sure if it was just me but did you smell something odd about them?” Louie asked.

“Odd?”

“Yeah like how there is something about Julie and Max, something in their sent, something that is different yet not. I smell the human in them but there is something there. Anastasia, she smells like all human but I don’t know something is not adding up. The way Max and Julie reacted, extremely territorial about Anastasia, way too territorial even if she is their sister. For me, they range more into pack territorial.”

The way Max was reacting at this moment once again was showing the territorial and the way he went completely submissive for Father. I scrutinized Max, his posture screamed guarded, protective. But they couldn’t be wolves. We would have smelled it on them, we would have known. Father would have known, yet he had not mentioned one single word of them being one of us.

“Max…”

We all turned to the soft voice. We had forgotten that Julie was there. She stood in the corner hugging herself, her eyes were puffy from crying perhaps and she looked frighten. Who would blame her, her sister had just had some attack of some sorts.