Chapter Twelve

I added a small new part at the end....enjoy!

*~*~*~

I twisted my fingers extremely nerves. I was standing in front of Demetrius. He radiated nothing but power and respect. I couldn’t bring myself to look into his face, so I nodded meekly but he said nothing, just stared. I tugged at the hem of my shirt feeling my nerves bunch up. I felt as if everyone’s eyes were on us as we stood there. I bite down on my lower lip anxious for him to say something to say anything.

“What did you want to talk about?” I whispered not making eye contact with him. I knew if I did, I would be even more nerves.

“Do I make you that nerves?” he asked his voice sooth and low. He reached towards me pulling my hands from entangling with each other. An electric shock went through me jolting my head up. It was shocking and unnerving that I snatched my hands away from his grasp. I looked up through my eye lashes. It had felt like a shock, a normal shock, if it wasn’t for the warmth that swept within me.

“Is that what you want to talk about? Because you know you are just wasting those sixty seconds…”

Demetrius chuckled shaking his head. He retrieved his hand back to his side, “No that is not what I wanted to talk about though it is something that I am curious about. Can you answer it?” he asked stepping closer as I took a step back.

I was unsure on what to do being that I was not use to this ordeal. I was not use to having a guy this close to me that wasn’t my brother or Jesse.  It was mainly because Max and Jesse made sure no guy got near me in that manner, usually it was a guy trying to take advantage of me. It was nothing new that I looked weak and I was an easy target to push around. So if there was a guy that wanted to take me serious, he had no chance getting near me thanks to Jesse or Max, no chance at all.

So having Demetrius one of the best looking guys and one of the most intimidating I had ever set my eyes on and he was near me was beyond untouched territory. It felt uncomfortable yet it sparked a curious sensation within me.

“Kind of,” I admitted. I looked behind him seeing that the guys, I shivered involuntarily. “Can you get on with what you wanted to talk to me about?” I asked anxiously. I wanted to get as far as I could away from not only Demetrius but with the rest of them. I was just plain frighten of them and of Demetrius. Who wouldn’t be? Look at their size, with one flick of a hand they would probably throw me across the hall.

“Why do you look frighten?” Demetrius asked eyeing me.

“If you’re not going to tell me what you wanted to speak about I’m going to go on my way. I don’t want to be late for class,” I snapped crossing my arms over my chest.

“Why do you look frighten?” he repeated ignoring my previous statement.

I looked behind him once again. “I just don’t feel comfortable with them just standing there,” I admitted as the guys eyes locked with me.

Demetrius turned to look at his friends. “They will not bother you.”

I narrowed my eyes at him and then towards his friends. “How do you know that?”  I asked crossing my arms over my chest defiantly.  I knew I probably should have kept my mouth shut but I couldn’t help it.

Demetrius rose his eyebrow. “Are you serious? Do you seriously think they will harm you? First of all, I know they won’t because if you recall it was Louie who picked you up in the cafeteria and they do not harm females, what do you think we are?” His eyes narrowing into slits. I saw the annoyance clearly within his eyes. “But if you do not believe me let us ask them.” I watched in horror as he beckon his friends to come closer. “Will you harm Anastasia?” Demetrius asked not looking away from me.