Chapter Twenty-Eight Coming Home and Trouble

It's been two weeks now. Niall has the okay to go home, but he isn't aloud to return to school yet. Abigail, also was able to go home, and has chosen to do online and homeschool for the time being.
Louis worked his butt off, and was able to get a temporary Foster care license while he works on getting a permanent one, so he could take Alyssa in as a foster child.
They have made a decision to have Alyssa and Alanna be homeschooled while everything is getting figured out.
Annalise hasn't been released from the hospital, she's still in pretty bad shape, she is awake and can talk, but she can barely eat, she's always in pain, and can't walk, so she is in ICU at the pediatric hospital for the time being. They go and visit her everyday.
They had a third sister, but she died of her injuries, before the ambulance even got there.
Bryanna has refused to to back to school, so she is being homeschool as well, it's probably easier for her from all shes been through.

Louis is doing everything he can for the girls and Niall, and Zayn is helping with all the other kids and making sure everyone is okay.
The other children are doing okay, it's a pretty big adjustment for everyone, but they are taking it day by day, and seeing what happens.

They are in the process of moving Kayleigh and Rosie to another school, because there's been too much fighting with them and others, and the school isn't giving the girls what they need. Liam is also being moved to a new school. They need a fresh start.

AT THE HOUSE
Louis is now doing this work from home, because he needs to be here to take care of Abby, Niall, Bryanna, Alyssa, and Alanna.

" Niall, Abby, you guys can get started on your online work" Louis says to the oldest two. " Bryanna your teacher will be here in about ten minutes to do science and math with you, so work on your English until then" Louis adds
" Alanna and Alyssa, you girls will be coming with me to the office and we will work on math and spelling okay?" Louis says

" got it" Abby, Niall, and Bryanna say

" yes Lou Lou" Alanna and Alyssa say

So Niall and Abby go to the living room to work on their online work. Bryanna is working on her English paper at the table.
Alanna follows Louis, and Louis carries Alyssa, she's on crutches, a broken leg she has, so since they are going upstairs, it's easier for him to carry her.

Louis gets out the whiteboard and a marker, and writes down some three digit addition and subtraction facts, ten for each girl to solve on either side of the board. 
The girls pull up a chair and sit down and start doing their math. Louis starts work on the computer.

The girls get done with their math, and Louis checks it, they each got one wrong.

" Alanna, so 209 minus 179 does not equal 29, let's try your math over" Louis says
" so what's 9 minus 9?" He asked

" zero" Alanna answers

" good, so we put a zero here. Now what's 0 minus 9?" Asked Louis

" 7" Alanna answers

" if we were doing addition, that would be right, but can a smaller number be subtracted by a bigger number?" Asked Louis

" no, so you'd have to take from the two?" Asked Alanna " which would make it ten minus 7 and it would be three!"

" that's right, good job, and 1 minus 1 is?" Asked Louis

" zero!" Alanna says " so the answer is 30!" She says

" great job Alanna!" Louis says " now Alyssa, let's see yours."
" so 134 plus 70, doesn't equal 104, let's try again"
" what's 0 plus 4?" Asked Louis

" that's 4" Alyssa says

" good Job, now what's 3 plus 7?" Asked louis

" that's ten" Alyssa says