12; we're over

❦ -daniel's pov
"i don't know what else to say except we're obviously over."

I can't believe what corbyn just said. zach's cheating on me?

"why do you think that?" i ask softly, feeling sadness come over me. "i walked in on him and jack in the school bathroom, making out. they didn't see me.. but i saw them," he says and my stomach drops.

the thought of my boyfriend sucking jack's face makes me sick. out of all people, it had to be jack. i knew he was bad from the start and zach didn't listen.

now, zach's in some real fucking trouble. i get up and throw some cash on the table. "corbyn, can i have your number?" i ask and he stands up. "yeah, of course," he says and i get it.

"thanks for telling me," i say and go out of the restaurant. i get into my car and quickly drive to zach's house. i have a key to his house so i just open it. quietly, i walk up the stairs.

i move closer to zach's room and i hear moans coming from jack's lips. "zach!" i hear him moan and i cover my mouth. tears start to flow down my cheeks as i try to hold it in.

useless. all i feel right now is regret. regret for trusting zach. i wipe my tears and start to get angry instead of sad. how could he do this to me? i've been nothing but good to him.

i open the door and both boys quickly get under the covers. i take a deep breath, looking at my boyfriend in bed with another guy. the same guy i was worried about.

"daniel," zach gasps and i gulp. "how could you?" i ask softly, tears spilling out. zach sits up, trying to find something to say.

"i'm not going to be like 'oh it's not what it looks like' because it is. but i just want you to know, it pained me everyday to do this. i love you daniel, i do. just.. as my best friend. i didn't want to break your heart since you seemed so happy, i couldn't do that to your smiling face. i will be forever sorry and i will forever hate myself for what i did to hurt you," he says, tears now down his face.

i sniff and rub my eyes, trying to keep it cool. "i just.. i'm honestly not even surprised this happened," i say and he sighs. "i should've told you." i laugh through my tears.

"yeah, you should've. cheating it not fucking cool. it makes me feel useless, zach. like was i never good enough for you? i don't know what else to say except we're obviously over," i say and he runs his fingers through his hair.

"daniel, i want you to know you're so much better. you are talented, handsome, and are literally the funniest person i met. you deserve someone way better than me, okay? please don't ever doubt yourself because you are amazing," he says and i sigh.

"i hate myself for not completely hating you right now," i say and he lets out a broken laugh. he stands up and i notice he has his sweats on, just no shirt.

he comes over to me and tries to give me a hug, but i push him back. "that doesn't mean i forgive you," i say and he gulps. "oh."

"i want you to know that you're fucking messed up for doing this. i'm not going to talk to you for a while, i need to clear my head. i know you still care about me and stuff but all i feel right now is like shit. you're the one that caused this and i don't need that," i say and he steps back.

"i deserved that," he says and i nod. "you did. also, don't expect me to come running back to you like after every little argument we had," i say and turn around, walking out the door.

i go out the door and slam it, looking over, seeing corbyn leaning up against his car. i walk over to him, tears still down my face. he engulfs me in a huge hug, squeezing me tightly. i start to sob in his chest, corbyn whispering sweet things in my ear to cheer me up.

i let out a little laugh and back up, seeing corbyn with a smile on his face, "now keep that cute ass smile on your face, would you?" i smile bigger, hugging corbyn again. "thank you," i whisper.