9; secret

❦ -zach's pov
"if you keep this a secret, so will i."

AFTER lunch, i start to walk to my class alone since daniel has his on the complete opposite side of the building. i feel a hand on my wrist and it pulls me into the boys bathroom.

i look up and see jack. "jack, what are you-" "if you can't admit it in front of your 'boyfriend' then just admit it in front of me. please, i need to hear it from you," he says and i shake my head.

"i don't like you." "bullshit. i know i drive you crazy," he says and i gulp, leaning up against the wall. "jack, i don't like you," i say and he moves closer to me.

he puts his fingers to my lips, "don't lie to me, baby boy. god, just fucking say it, please." i pant heavily, looking into the curly headed boy's eyes. "i like you," i whisper and he smiles, pulling his finger off my lips.

"i know baby," he says and puts his hand on my jaw, kissing my lips. it takes me by surprise and i kiss back, not even giving a thought about daniel.

he pulls off and pants, putting his forehead on mine, "if you keep this a secret, so will i." i nod, completely in shock from how fast this happened. he smiles, kissing me again.

"see you later, baby," he says and walks out of the bathroom. i look at myself in the mirror and feel disgusted. how could i of done this to daniel?

and how come i am still going to do it?

❦ -daniel's pov

zach and i just got to the diner. i hold his hand as we sit across from each other. he's acting a little weird, "you okay baby?" he looks up at me, "yeah."

"you haven't been talking much," i say and he nods, looking emotionless. "zach.. you can tell me," i say and his eyes flicker. "i'm just.. tired is all," he says and i sigh, rubbing his hand.

"we can just go to my place and chill if you want?" i say and he shakes his head. "i'm fine." "you're not," i say and he looks out the window. he leans his head down, "zach-" "hi, i'm corbyn. i'll be your server for today. to start off, any drinks?" the guy asks.

i look up at him, admiring his eyes, "two waters please." the boys flashes me a smile, "i'll be back to take your orders." "thank you," i say and the cute blonde walks away.

i look back down at zach, who still has his head down. "baby. talk to me," i say and he shakes his head. "i don't feel good," he says and i sigh. "maybe we should just go. it'll be better," i say and he looks up, tears in his eyes.

"shit," i say and go over, hugging him. "why are you-" "i'm fucked up. i can't do this, i'm such a pussy," he says and i pull back, looking him in his eyes. "why would you say that?" "you don't deserve me. you deserve way better," he quietly sobs and i pull him back into the hug.

"baby, stop it." "no, it's true," he says and i kiss his lips. he looks into my eyes and i look into his teary ones. "do you want to go home, baby?" i ask and he nods, sniffling.

i take his hand and we stand up. "here's your water," the waiter says and i give him the money we owe for the drinks. "thank you," i say and he nods, a little confused on what's going on.

zach and i walk hand in hand out the door. we go back to my place and sleep for the rest of the night. i couldn't get it out of him what he was so upset about though.