Chapter 30

The next few days passed without incident. We were allowed to stay home to recover from our injuries, but, unfortunately, I still had work. It's not that work was a problem for me. Oh no, it's the fact that I can no longer go out in public without people coming up to talk to me about the Sports Festival. It was kind of scary to be honest. Luckily, Aizawa-sensei's glare seemed to scare them away.

Today, however, was our first day back, and it was raining cats and dogs. Not literally though. Aizawa-sensei's bandages were finally gone, and we had to get to school early because he had a meeting before school started.

So, here I sat, all alone, in my homeroom. Nobody else has arrived, so I had decided to just take out one of my books to read.

This was gonna be a long day...

***

"... This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day." Aizawa mentioned during his homeroom time. To be honest, he had no interest in the choosing of the kids hero names whatsoever. He'd rather be sleeping. "The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation."

"So, we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Hagakure questioned eagerly.

"That's right," Aizawa replied dully. "And here are the totals for those with offers." Obviously, both Bakugo and Todoroki had the most, but Todoroki had about 600 more offers than Bakugo despite him being first. "In other years, it's been more spread out, but almost all eyes were on these two this year."

"Gah, there's such a big difference!" Kaminari complained loudly.

"Those pros don't know a good thing when they see one!" Aoyama had little fume marks coming from him that didn't match his smiling facial expression.

"Todoroki's first, and Bakugo's second...?" Jiro questioned with a raised brow.

"It's the opposite of their placement in the Sports Festival." Kirishima noted.

"Some people are too scared to ask for a guy who had to be restrained on the podium." Sero explained in a hushed tone.

"What're the pros scared of?!" Unfortunately, Bakugo heard him...

"It's worth mentioning..." Aizawa started to get the class quiet. "That Hideyoshi Masami, from General Studies, received more offers than anybody in this room. However, she refused her offer into the Heroes Course, so they've all become void."

"EHHHH?!" The majority of the class shouted in surprise at the announcement.

"They must've found Masami's overwhelming strength a surprise considering her lack of quirk." Midoriya was proud of his friend. "She did demonstrate multiple hero like qualities in the Sports Festival, so I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising. But then again, she's still in General Studies, so it's still a bit strange. What's more, she didn't beat Todoroki or Kacchan..."

He was muttering again...

"Well, she is really smart," Ojiro remembered how they won the cavalry battle with ease.

"Yeah, and super strong too!" Ashido chipped in. "She beat me and Iida with ease, and she even went toe to toe with Todoroki!"

"I admit, her speed is something to marvel at," Iida added as he remembered his own match against the girl.

"Isn't she quirkless though?"

"Alright, that's enough!" Aizawa was tired of all the chatter that broke out. "Anyways, keeping those results in mind, whether or not anyone asked for you, you will be participating in internships with pros."