Chapter 12:

Die and Dark dated, or tried to date?

I slowly opened the door, and the boys turned to me.

"Where the hell have you been?" Anti stepped in front of Die to hide him from me.

"I--um--I" My voice wouldn't work. My brain flew to the images of Anti and her. My cheeks flared and blushed. I looked to the ground.

"Dark is looking for you." Anti said calmly.

I felt his dark presence enter the room. I turned around and came face-to-face with red irises.

~

"You murdering bitch." Dark growled. I backed away from him.

"What?" I didn't break eye contact with him.

"Another one of my Lords are dead. Coincidentally, you throw Die and I out of your brain and go missing." Dark hissed. His shadows grew closer to me. I began to shake in fear.

"Dark, I wouldn't ki-" I tried to defend myself.

"You killed him. I trusted you!" He bellowed.

"Darkiplier, I didn't kill the Lords. Any of them." I screamed. He froze at my sudden aggressiveness. "I have an idea of who did." I huffed. Die walked in between Dark and I.

"Who?" Die asked. He was the only one who cared about this case.

"A human named Gene and two demons named Calypso and Dia." I said as I recalled my theory from the dungeon.

"They weren't on our list because they didn't work." Die crossed his arms.

"That is why they should have been on your list." I shrugged. "Mae, Kendra, and I were scared of Lord William; so of course, we did our work." I explained.

"Those girls weren't afraid of Lord William?" Dark asked.

"Yes, but they would have been the only ones who were able to." I fidgeted with my hand.

"So Gene, Dia, and Calypso?" Die asked. I nodded.

"I will do a rundown of their alibis, and I will bring them in." Die nodded. A blue cloud of smoke slowly formed. "See you all tonight." Then he disappeared.

~

"What is tonight?" I asked toward Anti, but Dark answered.

"We are doing something special." Dark was nervously fiddling with his jacket. His sudden change of emotion startled me.

"What could be so special that it puts all of you on edge?" I crossed my arms.

"Well, you will have to see." Dark smiled.

"I'm gonna get stuff ready. See ya tonight." Anti disappeared into a green cloud of smoke, leaving me alone with Dark.

~

"Dark, what did you mean by-" I tried to ask about what he said when he left me.

"No, I told you I cannot be the one to tell you." Dark sighed.

"Of course, you can't." I sighed. I sat down on my bed and shook my head. "He loved her, didn't he?" I whispered. I could feel Dark's glare soften.

"Yes, he loved her." Dark whispered.

"I think he is confusing our faces." I cried. "I don't know what is happening with me."

"Your soul is connected to him through love. An emotion no demon should ever feel. It is too confusing for us." Dark vaguely explained.