Chapter 1:

Your POV:

I walked quickly through the town, cursing myself for being late. It was an early morning, but people were already beginning their day. My boss was going to kill me.
I hurried along the cobblestone road and faced a large building. The front of the building already started to gather a line. Drunken giggles and laughs echoed from inside. I walked around back and went inside.

"Where is she?" A voice screamed. "Where is (Y/N)?" It screamed again.

"I am here, sir." I said as I took off my cloak.

"Late, again?" The voice got closer to me. My boss turned around the corner. His eyes were a normally a forest green, but now they were a bright yellow.

"Yes, sir. I apologise." I looked down at my black, withering shoes. He grabbed my (Y/HC) hair and pulled as hard as he could. I held back screams of pain as he threw me onto the hardwood floor.

I laid on my back, trying to catch my breath. He laughed chaotically as my hand checked the back of my head. No blood. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"You will look at me when I am talking to you." He slapped my cheek. I didn't scream, and I didn't show any pain. "You joined me. I am in charge of you. I am the demon, and you are the human. You listen to me." He whispered his last sentence in my ear. Chills went down my body at the warmth of his breath.

I hated this man. He was a ruthless tyrant who would kill a human without hesitation. His only goal, to make everyone's life hell.
He stood up and brushed off his pants. I didn't move. He laughed as he walked away. As soon as he was out of sight, my body shivered in fear. I slowly stood up and adjusted my dress. I covered my mouth and took a deep breath. I shook away any remaining fear, and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed an apron. Then headed out to start my shift.

The day seemed like it was taking forever. I had only arrived here an hour ago. By that time, I had already been flirted with, touched, and snickered at. A man started his order, but was cut off by a female scream. My eyes darted to the front door. The wooden doors swung open causing wood chips to fly in multiple directions.
Three men entered the tavern. One of the men started to speak.

"All waitresses belonging to Lord William head outside!" The man yelled. Lord William? My boss is a Lord?
I headed outside the tavern. The cool air blowing my dress. Other waitresses began to file outside. In total, there were six of us working. The man who called us outside, stood in front of us. Behind him, stood more men. Each man had a piece of armour that was embellished with the King's seal. Kingsmen.

"If I say your name, please step forward." The man said loudly. His voice echoing. "Kendra Dereks, Mae Polle, and (Y/FN) (Y/LN)." He smiled innocently. The three of us stepped forward. We're the only three who had worked today. "The rest of you may leave!" The man laughed. The girls scurried away in fear. Another man stepped forward with shackles. He came behind us and shackled our hands.

The other girls' eyes lit up in pain, and they screamed. The shackles themselves were blessed by a priest. It was designed to harm demons, but I am not a demon. The man frowned at me.

"Lord William was found dead outside this tavern this morning. You three will stand trial in presence of the Great King. He shall decide your fates."

The Kingsmen had us walk. We were in one of the closer towns to the castle, but it was still at least a seven mile hike through woodlands and mountains.
The Kingsmen are a group of soldiers who were fully loyal to the King. They lived under strict rules with no mercy for breaking them. They were born killers. Demons with no respect for life. They vowed to protect the King at all times.
The Kingsmen became one of the most feared group of soldiers in the King's army. These men were not the most feared individuals. They worked better as a unit, not by themselves.