Chapter 1: A Weird Encounter

Homeless Girl

Chapter 1

I wake up with a bright light hitting my tan skin. I block the sun with my hands attempting to save my amber brown eyes. But, I failed. I don't really care though. I'm free. No more beatings, or being raped. I may be homeless but I would rather be homeless the rest of my life than spend one second with that.. That monster. I felt like a runaway.

"We have arrived at Los Angeles." The bus driver announced over the speaker. I grabbed my backpack, and walked off the bus. As soon as I got off, I saw the city. It was beautiful. Palm trees were everywhere, and I could smell the salty ocean breeze. The buildings were huge, and I admit, I was feeling overwhelmed. I walked on the side walk, until I saw a store, with a huge poster of five good looking boys. Who are they? Shaking my head, I continue walking.

I find an abandoned store, and think, 'That's my new home' I make sure no one is around, and I pull down the door knob. Shit it's locked. I grab a bobby pin, and jiggle it in the handle until I hear a clicking noise. I smile, and walk inside. I lock the door behind me and look around. It was still clean, it must have been foreclosed. I sat down in the corner, pulling my blanket out, and using my backpack as a pillow. I felt my eyes grow very heavy. I drifted off to sleep knowing I was safe.

********* One Week Later*********

Shit. I'm running out of money. I have 10$. Crap. No more meals, just snacks and water for now. I think as I walk in downtown Los Angeles. I find my usual performing place: A fountain. Now this fountain was HUGE. I sit down on the fountains ledge, and take out my beanie. Breathe, focus. I place it besides me and start singing Jar of Hearts.

"No, I can't take one more step towards you

'Cause all that's waiting is regret

Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore

You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive

And now you want me one more time

[Chorus:]

And who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around

If I am anywhere to be found

But I have grown too strong

To ever fall back in your arms

And I've learned to live half alive

And now you want me one more time

[Chorus:]

And who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

Dear, It took so long just to feel alright

Remember how to put back the light in my eyes

I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed

'Cause you broke all your promises

And now you're back

You don't get to get me back

[Chorus: x2]

And who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

Don't come back for me

Don't come back at all

Who do you think you are?

Who do you think you are?" I finish. I wiped my tear stained face. The song represented how I felt since my mom died. People start to clap, and put money in the beanie. I pick my beanie up grateful for the money. All of a sudden, a guy wearing sunglasses came up to me.

"You have an amazing talent young lady. I'm actually looking for a new artist right now, If you're interested, call me," he handed me his card.

"I think you have the X Factor." he says with a british accent. He winks and puts his glasses back on. X Factor? Hm. I look at his card-

Simon Cowell

Owner

Syco Entertainment

Locations:

Los Angeles, CA• New York, NY• London, England

Huh? Who's Simon Cowell? It sound very familiar... Ahh well. Can't remember. Should I go? I mean.. If this guy is a owner of a record label, I could become a pop star! And I wouldn't have to worry about HIM, it would be perfect. I would have a house! Calm down! Don't get ahead of yourself. Wow am I talking to myself? Uh, yeah! I shake my head getting back to reality. I grab my backpack and stuff my beanie inside.

I walk around LA to find Syco Entertainment, but I can't seem to find it. Isn't this perfect?! Just as I'm about to give up, I see it. And oh my god, it was huge! It was taller then the rest of the buildings! I could feel excitement and nervousness building up inside of me. I run to the building, but slow down as I go through the door. A lady is at the receptionist desk, and seems really busy. But being the stubborn person I am, I walk up to her.

"Excuse me?" I ask. She looks at me, sighs, (which made her wrinkles pop out: ugh!)

"What do you want?" she snaps.

"To see Simon Cowell." I say. She starts to burst out laughing. And eww, her mole moved! Yuck.

"Haha! You expect me to let some random girl to see THE Simon Cowell?" she asks while laughing. I nod. She laughs then says,

"Just go before I call security." she says and returns to her work. I walk away from her, and that's when I notice the elevator. I smirked evilly. I run to the elevator, and quickly press the button to close the doors. I notice a Directory of all the floors, and the top floor said executives. I guess Simon's under executive, right? Ah well. I press the 100 floor button, and pace around the elevator, for what seemed like an eternity. The doors open, and I run out of the elevator, but hit something,hard.

"Watch where.." he began. But stopped when he saw me. He was breathtaking, his brown colored eyes with golden flecks staring into my amber brown eyes, his hair was cute, it was kinda curly, but kinda straight, and it was fixed into kind of a mow-hawk. I even loved the birth mark on his neck. I love this guy, and I don't even know his name.

<3

So what do you guys think? Gonna update probably on Sunday or saturday! Leave me a comment of what you think!!

Aria xxx