Strategies and Battle Plans

So I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I have yet to find a suitable last name for Grant, or a name for his pack. I asked for suggestions yet none have come forth. So I've done some research and I've found a temporary name until my readers can comment their idea.

- Smarty

Grant's POV

Temperatures were hot and humid, but that didn't slow any chaos that was thrown our way from the rogues. Although we weren't a highly known pack, our numbers did rival many of those who thought of taking over our territory, so the rogues did us little damage. If any thing, they were annoying--persistent, but annoying.

As to the whereabouts of my mate, I hadn't the slightest clue. Although my men had several leads as to where they may be, all were inaccessible, as they were in several different pack territories through out the nation. Because all of the packs that we came across were poor and could easily be bribed with a pretty penny, my dad was reluctant with the idea of getting Shayla back.

" You sent to get me son?" My father walked in, followed by an air of arrogance and manipulation.

"I'd like to talk to you concerning the affairs of the future Luna of this pack.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alpha's pov

I sighed deeply, blowing even more hot air into the room. I looked into the eyes of my son and I didn't know whether to be mesmerized by what I saw, or very afraid.

In the eyes of my son I saw a grown man. A leader.

During the first few months of the disappearance of that wench, my son and I grew apart, up to the point where I knew that if I didn't act upon it soon, I would lose the great man that I once hoped to see.

From the day he was born, I knew my good looks were not the only thing that he would inherit from me; it has never been a secret that the men of my family have had the tendency to be promiscuous, and I hoped that this would help make it easier to control every aspect of Grant's life that I could.

The boy, no- the man that stood in front of me, was not the care-free happy go lucky puppet that I'd raised for 19 years.

This was a broken man.

" Caniene?'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grant's pov

I grew weary of the man standing in front of me. I'd long ago told him of the decision I'd made concerning Shayla. He'd yet to suspect that I knew of the conversation he held with my mother months ago, which lead me to think that there was something hidden far up under the sleeve of my father. Some thing that not even he knew how to deal with.

" I speak of the one who holds the rightful position as Luna,my mate, Shayla.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, and opened his mouth to argue, then closed it and turn around.

" You continue to ruin the high respect of this household by uttering that filth's name."

I clenched my jaw, " That so called filth, is the mother of my children; and I would greatly appreciate you treating her as such."

He threw back his head and laughed, and for a moment I imagined me lunging for his throat.

"I would recall not to many months ago you treated her as though she were not worth the gum on the bottom of your shoe. You talk about disrespect? You gave her the position that she is in."