Chapter 21

Amy's POV

I sighed as I fixed another radio. I was getting anxious. Winry's and Ed's wedding was soon, like, next week, and Roy was nowhere near ready to leave work wise. I obviously couldn't leave my boyfriend behind, and Winry totally understands that. Ed doesn't, he's still not fine with Roy and I being together. We've been together for six months already! He and Winry didn't even really date! But that's not the current point.

"Damn it Roy! Stop slacking off and work!" I barked. He was just leaning back in his chair, fingers laced and resting on his stomach, eyes closed. And when I spoke, he jerked and fell backwards in his chair. When he sat up, my eyes were set in a glare.

"What is it Amy?" I crossed my arms as I approached his desk slowly. Riza and the others were quiet as they did their work, but still sort of watched.

"Tell me Roy, what's happening next week?"

"Your brother's wedding?" I nodded.

"And why is that important?"

"Because it's your brother's wedding and his soon to be wife asked you to be her Maid of Honor."

"And when am I heading back to Resembol?"

"In three days.

"And what are you doing next week?"

"Accompanying you to the wedding."

"And when are you leaving?"

"In three days."

"Unless?" I was now in front of his desk, hip popped and tapping my foot, fingers drumming on my bicep.

"My work's not done."

"Correct!" I snapped out. "And you can't take it with you! So stop sleeping and get your work done! You can sleep on the train and while we're there! If you don't come with me in three days, you won't be coming at all!" And I turned around to do some filing.

"I'll get it done Amy, don't worry." He said. I turned back around.

"Yeah, most likely half assed." Roy's eyes narrowed this time.

"Are you disrespecting and talking back to your superior?" His voice was slightly cold. We may be dating, but this was work, and during work hours, I couldn't ALWAYS be a nasty bitch.

"Yes. Yes I am." I replied, completely serious. "And I'm about to bribe him too. If you can get most of your work done today," I went back to his desk, leaning forward so that only he could hear me. "I may wear that dress you love so much." That got him to smirk.

"Bribing an officer. Steel, that's some underhanded move." I just shrugged.

"It may be. But it gets results doesn't it. So, get to work Colonel." And so Roy began to seriously work.

"You offered to wear that short red dress again, didn't you?" Riza asked as she moved a pile of paperwork from Roy's desk a few minutes later while I put another one on. I shrugged.

"He likes short skirts and thinks I have killer legs... leg. Why not use that to motivate him? If I show up to Resembol without him, Ed will personally come kick his ass, with Al and Winry. And I'm sure Major Armstrong would love to come tell him something about how 'Keeping promises has been passed down the Armstrong line for generations' and make sure he gets his ass in gear." Riza only smiled lightly.

"Don't worry. If he doesn't get his work done, I'll kick his ass for you." I smiled back at her.

"Thanks Riza." Could I have done Roy's work for him? Yes. Would that get him done faster? Yes. Would that make him learn how to do his own work? No. And if I end up needing to help him, it won't be a nice trip to Resemble. That's until the phone rang.

"Eastern Command, Colonel Mustang's office, Major Amy Elric speaking." I answered.

"Hey Amy! It's Winry!" I smiled.

"Hey future sis, what's up?" I heard some shuffling on the other end.

"Hey... um... do you think you could come a little sooner?" I blinked a few times.

"Yeah. Totally, but can I ask why?"

"Well... there may be a problem with some of the preparations."

"What problems?" I asked, already prepared for irritation.

"Well... Ed's been... slacking." I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Of course. And you obviously can't get his ass in gear, right?" Winry made an affirmative noise as I groaned. "Got it. How soon do you need me?"

"Could you get on the next train to Resembol? Or the one after that?"

"Yup. I'll call before I get on the train. See you soon sis." And we hung up. I turned to Roy. "Change of plans. I'm helping your ass because we're leaving, tonight." Roy's eyes narrowed.

"Well I don't have the next few days o-" I picked up the phone and started dialing.

"Hello Fuhrer Grumman, this is Major Amy Elric. I'd like to take up one of those favors you owe me." The room quieted as I continued to speak with the Fuhrer. "Yes, some problems have come up with my brother's wedding, and I'm needed ASAP. As in next train to Resembol. And as you know, Colonel Mustang is accompanying me. Can I give him a few of my vacation days so the two of us can leave tonight? I can promise you that all of his work will be caught up before we leave. Thank you." And then I hung up and turned to Roy.

"What the hell was that?"

"That was me getting you the time to go early. Now come on, we have work to do." And so we started to really book it.