Chapter 6

Amy's POV

We were almost to the Dublith station when Ed woke up from his nap. And he had dreamed about dad.

We went to teacher's house and as much as the other two wished she wasn't there, we couldn't be that lucky. Out came Sig, teacher's husband. Who instantly recognized Ed and I, then Alphonse pointed himself out, but Sig just thought he was wearing armour and told Izumi, our teacher, we were there.

She flung the door open, hitting Al, and kicked Ed in the face. I was smart enough to hide behind Sig. She wasn't happy and glared.

"Hello my stupid pupil. I heard that you and your sister have become the military's dogs." I forgot about that part. Hate to see what she'd do finding out the other thing. She looked over to me.

"And you're hiding? I thought I taught you better than that." I smiled.

"Well you did tell us that the military was filled with spineless worms, decided that acting the part might make you feel bad for how pathetic I'd gotten." She then flipped me and I ran into Ed.

"Looks like you were wrong." I nodded.

"Yeah... looks like the plan I had to take her down would be a bust as well." She then flipped Al. "At least we aren't the only ones." Al made a comment on Izumi not feeling well and as she was in the middle of yelling she threw up some blood. I sighed as she had a lovey moment with Sig.

We were finally allowed in when Ed asked her about the philosopher's stone. . The one man in Central who may have known about the stone, was Hoenheim... our dad.

After a few more words we ate and Ed told Al to talk about the baby we helped deliver a few days back. Though I saw the looks on Sig's and Izumi's faces briefly. It was a quick sign of depression.

The next day we went to ask teacher about if she'd seen 'the truth.' We didn't get to ask her because she transmuted a spear, attacked Ed, and he was stupid and used alchemy without a transmutation circle. And teacher pretty much told us that she knew that we had issues.

"And along with that, Amy's missing a leg and had her genetics are messed up." My eyes widened.

"You mean..."

"Your genetic mutation that made your hair the color it is, was messed with and therefore gave you strange abilities, am I right?" I nodded. Teacher then told us about her experiences with human transmutation.

With a group hug and tons of apologies, I sat down with teacher to talk more about my new abilities.

"So what else can you tell me about it teacher?"

"From what I saw when I saw 'the truth,' it was possible that instead of taking something, something within the genetics could be altered. You didn't lose anything when you committed the taboo, am I correct?" I nodded. "Then your genetics were altered, have you noticed anything odd?" I nodded.

"Yes, if I'm staring at a map I can see through the eyes of someone in that building. I can also stare into someone's eyes and see what they see, and while seeing what another sees, if they stare into someone else's eyes, I can switch the view I see. It has a time limit though, that seems to change depending on the situation." Izumi nodded.

"Anything else?" I shrugged.

"Not really." I walked by one of the carving tables and my hair brushed through the blood. I sighed. "Not again."

"Wait, Amy." I did and watched as the blood disappeared into my hair. "Your hair seems to have some special properties as well."

"That explains a lot." We heard an ow and turned to see that Ed had managed to cut himself. I sighed as I walked over and the knife he had been playing with fell and cut off a bit of my hair.