Chapter 4

Amy's POV

We got to Central and went straight to the first branch of the National Library, like the paper Marcoh had given us said, but it was destroyed.

After a bit of searching and finding nothing but ash, we were met by 2nd Lieutenant Ross and Sargent Brosh, our new bodyguards because Armstrong needed to return to Command.

"Major Steel, you are requested back at Eastern Command. Colonel Mustang's orders." I gritted my teeth.

"Can't spend anytime with my brothers can I?" I clenched my fist. "Remind me that I need to buy a metal bracelet before I leave."

"Why is that?"

"Because then I can transmute a metal glove and punch that bastard it the face!" Ed nodded in agreement as they brought me to the station.

"Keep me updated alright. That's the least you can do this time around." Ed nodded and I got onto the train as they headed to where ever. I sighed as I messed with the bracelet I had bought.

"Now should I punch him in the face or the stomach? Maybe I could just kick him. Yeah, that would hurt. Especially if I transmuted a heel to my shoes. That'd be cool." I made it to Eastern Command and as soon as I opened the door to the office, Mustang was in the process of leaving.

"Oh, Steel. It's good to see you. I have some paperwork that needs to get done and I-" I brought my foot back and rammed it into his shin. "Ow! What was that for Steel!"

"For pulling me away from my brothers. Again." He sighed.

"Steel, Fullmetal had put me in charge of you, and until he tells me otherwise, I am still to look over you."

"I was with my brother! I'm pretty sure that he can look over me himself!"

"Steel. Please calm down. I'm only doing what I was asked." I scoffed as I stomped my heel and transmuted the door shut. "Steel?"

"I was asked here. If you called me back here just so that you can go on another date with a woman you will never speak to again afterwards, you have another thing coming. What was so important that I need to come back here instead of help my brothers?" Mustang sighed.

"We found Scar's jacket by the river where an explosion happened. Havoc and his team are there clearing the debris to find Scar's body." My eyes widened as my fists clenched.

"You don't know if he's dead, and you asked me to come back? Are you stupid or something? I was safer with my brothers in Central!" Mustang cleared his throat.

"Yes, however-" He stepped closer and put a hand on my head. "- I wanted to know you were safe." His eyes looked away. I felt a small blush come onto my face.

"You could've just called Central."

"I wanted to see with my own eyes. You are an important part of my team." I smiled.

"You mean it? You aren't just saying this to butter me up and get me to do all of your paperwork while you go and mess with some poor girl's heart?" He sweat dropped.

"Um..." I frowned.

"Asshole!" I punched him after transmuting my glove. "Call your date and tell her you can't go at the moment because you have work you need to do. And I expect you to do it now. Or I'll do it and I'm pretty sure that will just ruin all of your chances with this one." He sighed and went back to his office and I fixed the door.

The phone rang and when I picked it up it was Ed.

"Is Amy Elric, the Steel Alchemist available? This is Fullmetal, Edward Elric." I smiled.