Chapter 9: Frisbee

Chapter 9: Frisbee

~~~~~~~~~~~{Sky's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing out the front of The Stork Club, the nerves were getting to me. I'd changed into the outfit I'd bought at Macy's earlier today but now, I wasn't sure what I was doing.

In high school I'd been out on a couple of dates, just to the movies or something so there wasn't much talking, so no chance for awkward silences. But I had no idea where I was going with Steve. Where was he taking me? Was I even appropriately dressed?

"Is he here yet?" Hector stepped out of the Club.

"No. It's only 6.50. He's not late." I rolled my eyes as Hector lit up a cigarette. "You know I hate you smoking."

"And you know I hate you telling me what to do." Hector retorted.

"Hey, jeez. Calm down." I told him,

Hector rolled his eyes and looked at my shorts, "You're not wearing them are you?"

"Yeah. Why? What's wrong with them?" I asked,

"They're to revealing!" Hector exclaimed and I doubled over laughing.

"Hector, you're not my dad. Don't even try to be." I replied after calming down.

It was silent for a while, neither of us had mentioned our parents in a while. It was like a forbidden subject, we just didn't speak of them.

I sucked in a breath, "I saw them today."

"What?" Hector stared at me.

"I saw them. Mum and Dad. They were outside the Stark Building." I told him. "They didn't hurt me though. But it got me thinking."

"About what?"

"About S.H.I.E.L.D." I replied and before he could say anything, I continued, "When I was there...before they let me go, Director Fury offered me a job."

"Oh God, Sky... Don't tell me, please." Hector begged, "Don't tell you took the job."

"I did." I said quickly, like ripping off a band-aid. "Hector, don't give me that look. If I'm with S.H.I.E.L.D they can protect me. They can protect us. We won't have to live in fear anymore."

Hector sighed and went inside without another word. I mentally kicked myself for telling him. I should have waited until after the date, then we could have talked about it more. But no, I found myself staring at Steve on a motorcycle having to put on a fake smile that didn't take to long to become real.

* * *

Steve took me to a small restaurant in the heart of Brooklyn by the name of 'l'amour, de la nourriture, l'amour' which was French for 'love, food, love.' It didn't make much sense but the food was great, I'd been there once before.

"You look stunning, by the way." Steve complimented me as we sat down at our table. Naturally, he'd pulled out the chair for me.

I blushed, "You've said that about six times now but thank you."

Steve chuckled nervously. "Sorry,"

"It's fine." I told him and reached over the table to take his hand. "Just relax."

Steve nodded as the waitress came over and took our order.

"So, what do you do?" I asked before frowning, "Wait, that's a stupid question. I already know that."

Steve chuckled and changed the subject, "I heard Fury offered you a job."

"Uh, yeah." I nodded, "I start pretty soon."

"That's great!" Steve exclaimed, "Do you know what you're going to be doing?"

"I think I'm working with Clint and Natasha, I'm not sure how they'll react to that, though." I mused, "Clint and I don't exactly have a good history."

"What happened?" Steve asked, "If you don't mind me asking."

"Not at all." I smiled easily, "I was sent to, uh, take out his sister a few years back, but I made a different call. Clint doesn't seem to have gotten over that though."

Steve stared, wide eyed at me. "You were sent to take out Noel Barton? Why on earth would they want you to do that?"

I shrugged, not actually quite knowing why we were talking a out this but replying anyway. "Apparently she's a 'deadly weapon' but she seems quite normal."

Steve nodded.

We spent the rest of the night talking and laughing and talking some more. Steve was quite the chatterbox once you got passed the whole 'shy 1940's super hero' part of him.

It was around one AM when we found ourselves standing outside my apartment door. I prayed that Hector was asleep so he wouldn't think I was doing a walk of shame.

"I had a really great time." He smiled before leaning down to kiss me. It was sweet, and it ended way to soon -mainly because the door opened.

"You're late." Hector accused.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "I don't have a curfew."

"Well you do now." Hector retorted.

Steve interrupted, "I'm terribly sorry for returning her later than she was supposed to. It won't happen again."

"Damn right it won't be because you're never seeing her again." Hector snapped.

"Hector!" I exclaimed, "For God's sake, just go back inside! You're drunk."

"With all due respect, sir-" Steve started before Hector interrupted him.

"Oh shut up and go throw your frisbee, star spangled man!" Hector snapped before I pushed him back inside and slammed the door.

"I am so sorry." I stumbled over myself apologising. "He's not normally like that, I don't know what the hell has gotten into him."

"It's fine." Steve smiled before he pulled me into a hug. "I'll swing by the Stork Club tomorrow okay?"

"Okay." I nodded against his warm chest.

He never did.

* * *

Authors Note: okay; first things first: THIS IS DEDICATED TO PRETTYKATE42 because she has a story called 'Avengers Facebook Chat' and that's where I got that 'go throw your frisbee star spangled man' thing from. If Prettykate42 has a problem with it being in the chapter, you can message me and I'll change it!!

Okay, so now that thats out of the way! How'd you like it? I have to say, I didn't like this chapter as much as I should have and it's probably shorter than it could have been but I honestly had no idea what they were going to do on their date. :/

By the way! If you're interested in what Sky bought from Macy's to wear on her date, you can check out her outfit here: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/collection?id=1798967

Next chapter will probably be up tomorrow cuz I've already finished it -by the way, the next chapter is the last chapter and then it is the sequel!! Which I can now tell you is called Metallic Hearts :)

Until the next upload! Comment, vote, like!

*huggles* arielleblack