Chapter 3: Searching

~~~~~~~~~~~{Sky's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent the next few days trapped at home. Hector wouldn't let me leave -not even to go to work. I flicked through the channels on tv but nothing seemed to be on, I'd read all the books we had in the house and yesterday I'd resorted to actually finishing a 5,000 piece puzzle of a school of fish, only to find that it was missing six pieces.

I was itching to get out of the apartment, I felt like I was dying of boredom. I didn't know how Anne Frank stayed in her attic for two years.

I wanted to hit myself for just comparing my situation to Anne Frank's but I guess it was sort of the same... We both had to stay hidden because people wanted us dead. But instead of being hunted down for being Jewish, I was being hunted down because of a choice.

One stupid choice.

I sighed and stared out the window and onto the Brooklyn streets. I spotted the Avengers: Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor and my personal favourite, Captain America. Okay, not the real Avengers, but six little kids, no older than nine, all dressed up as their favourite superheroes.

I watched intently as Captain America ran around with his garbage-can lid shield and fought off the imaginary threats and giggled as I noticed that Thor was actually being played by a girl... I guess it worked, their hair kinda looked the same.

And then I had an idea on what I could do to occupy myself for the day. I made my way over to the closet and pulled out some blue, red and white paint before searching for some cardboard.

~~~~~~~~~~~{Steve's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

I hadn't seen Sky in five days. I came to the Stork Club every day, sat in the back corner table and ordered whatever their special was for that day. But the waitress that served me was never Sky. The first day I was Amanda, the next day it was Tina, the day after that was Fiona, after Fiona was Tina again and then today, it was Amanda, again.

I didn't know why I wanted to see Sky again, but I did. There was something special about her, something that I couldn't quick put my finger on.

* * *

Authors Note: *hides from all the popcorn being thrown at her* sorry!! It's so short, I know!! But I'm working on chapter 4 right now and it'll be up, hopefully, in a few hours I promise!

So, this is a bit of a nothing chapter but I thought it was cute :)

How do you guys like the story so far..even though nothing has happened quite yet, I promise it changes in the next chapter!!

So, until I post again, comment, vote, like!!

*huggles* arielleblack