Chapter 3: Shaw

Chapter 3: Shaw

{Sky's Point of View}

It'd been two weeks since I moved back to Brooklyn with Steve. Hector had offered me back my job at the Stork Club until S.H.I.E.L.D called us back to work, my brother had even offered Steve a job, but he'd politely turned it down. I was a little disappointed that Steve didn't take the job, I mean, I wanted to spend every minute I could with him, but I understood why he didn't.

The Stork Club was almost like the last remaining place that Steve could feel connected to Peggy, and I had already disturbed that by us meeting there and me working there. I felt guilty because of it; I knew Steve had searched for Peggy after Noel fell into a coma. He needed closure, but he would never get any, at least not with her.

I sighed, walked across the road on auto-pilot, so used to the route I had to take, and located my key before opening to door to the Stork Club.

And again, like a plane on auto-pilot, I proceeded to open up the club and set it up, just like I used to.

At about three thirty, I opened up and Hector, Zoe and Amanda arrived. I was a little surprised that Amanda was still working here; she was a college student, working on her doctorate in psychology and was using the money from her job here to help pay her school fees. The last time I'd seen her, she'd been six weeks away from getting her doctorate, and it had been longer than six weeks since I'd seen her.

Amanda jumped when she saw me, exclaiming, "Sky, you're back?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Just got back yesterday."

"How was the family reunion?" Amanda asked, "From the way Hector made it sound, you have a pretty crazy family."

I wanted to laugh out loud, if only she knew... "Yeah, it was pretty crazy. But Steve seemed to like it there."

"So you guys are still together? That's great." Amanda commented before wrapping her apron around her waist, finding the notepad and pen and clicking play on the stereo. Her taste in music definitely hadn't changed in the past two months or so. The sound of Katy Perry rang throughout the club.

Zoe and Hector arrived at the same time and when I saw them, Zoe pretty much screamed. Last time I'd seen her, she had been blonde, now she had fiery red hair that glistened when the sun hit it.

"Sky! Hector didn't tell me you were back!" She embraced me in a hug.

"Yeah, well, he's ashamed of me." I joked, shrugging.

"I missed you!" Zoe exclaimed, "We have to catch up after work."

"Definitely." I agreed.

Hector jumped and slid over the bar bench, just like he used to, and hugged me.

"Thanks for opening up." He said,

"It's the least I could do." I nodded before lowering my voice. "Has Starlie called you yet?"

Hector shook his head and acted like he didn't care, but the look in his eyes was the exact opposite.

"Well, don't worry. We're all out of a job for at least the next month so she'll contact you." I assured him, placing a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "She misses you, I know that."

Hector slowly nodded his head before changing the subject, "No Steve?"

"He had stuff to do." I shrugged. "He said he'd probably swing by later."

***

It was closing time, and surprisingly, Steve hadn't shown up. I understood why he wouldn't want to, but after the night I'd had, I just wanted to be in his arms. It was a Sunday night, which meant all the college and high school kids were at home cramming homework while the crazy thirty and forty year olds came out to play.

I had been felt up and hit on more times than I could count, and it wasn't a good feeling. Even if I wasn't initiating it, I felt dirty. A few times, I had just wanted Steve to spring up randomly and knock the guys (and one girl) out.

Zoe and Amanda had left a few minutes ago and I was just counting the money in the register and hiding some of it in the back when I heard the door bell jingle, signaling someone entering.

I smirked to myself and walked out to the dining area. "Is that you Steve? Trying to recreate the night I taught you how to dance, huh?"

It was silent and the door was closed. "Steve?"

"I am not this Steve you speak of." A woman emerged from behind the wall. She had long, golden blonde hair that was piled on top of her head in a style that almost resembled a tiara. She was wearing all white, even white jeans, but she could pull it off. Her heels clicked dangerously on the floor.

"Can I help you?" I asked, frowning. My muscles coiling on their own, getting ready for a fight if I had to.

"My name is Alexandra Shaw." She introduced herself and stuck out her hand awkwardly. I didn't take it. "I've ...traveled a very long way to here. I need to speak with the Captain of America."

I held in laughter, oh, this was so another Asgardian.

"I think you mean Captain America." I corrected her and she nodded.

"Yes, yes. That's what I said." She insisted. "It is very important I speak with him."

I eyed her warily. She didn't look like an Asgardian, but she definitely spoke like one...but then, this could all be a hoax. Tony was probably sending her to freak us out.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, Ms. Shaw. I know of Captain America, but I don't know him personally."

I ushered her out of the club with her protests heavy on my ears and I called Hector, pulling him out of sleep, to come pick me up and take me to Steve's apartment. There was no way I was walking home after that.

The crazies were definitely out tonight.

***

Author's Note: Hey! So, Alexandra Shaw, who the hell are you?

I can tell you now that Alexandra Shaw is the character based on one of my very best friends @Golden_Lily_Girl. And the next chapter is actually her Christmas present, it would have been uploaded sooner but I realised I could work her into this story so I couldn't so, if you're reading this, I'm sorry for the delay!

What did you guys think of this chapter?

Mysterious much? And Hector and Starlie? Hmm.... :P

Next upload will be soon (hopefully). I'm trying to get as many updates as I can done before Friday because I'm going away. So, lets see how many!

Until then, comment, vote, like!

*huggles* arielleblack.