Chapter 8: Nervousness

~~~~~~~~~~~{Steve's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm freaking out." I admitted, "I had no idea she say yes, let alone that she'd agree to a date tonight!"

I stared at Noel, placid as usual, lying in the bed. She looked a little worse than the last few times he'd seen her. Her cheeks were no longer rosy pink, but they were turning a pale colour with a tinge of grey. So was the rest of her body. The change was even noticeable in her hair, it wasn't shiny any more, it was dry and straw-like.

I sighed, was he going to lose her soon?

I'd only known Noel for a short time but already, I couldn't picture my new life without her. She had something special about her, a charisma, that caused everyone to gravitate towards her and just be happy.

And here I was, stressing out about my date tonight with Sky. Another woman I could already no longer picture my life without.

"I don't know where to take her or what to do." Running a hand through my ash blonde hair and sighing again, a little frustrated. "You liked our date, right? It went okay, right?"

I heard footsteps coming from and behind and I immediately shut up.

"You two went out?" Tony's voice rang out into my ears. He sounded confused and a little hurt.

"Tony," I span around in the plastic chair, "I-"

"Don't worry, Cap." Tony shook his head, "Not my place to speak. We weren't anything then."

I nodded slowly, "Sorry."

"Don't be. She'll pull through, she's strong." Tony said faithfully.

"You're not supposed to be here." I commented, "Fury forbade it."

Tony scoffed, "Like that's ever stopped me before."

I nodded in agreement and the two of us sat in silence for a while.

"As for your date, Cap." Tony broke the silence. "Take her to some place quiet, that plays good music. I would suggest the Stork Club, but considering she works there..."

"You've been?" M eyebrows shot up. I never pictured Tony Stark as the type of man who would go anywhere near the Stork Club.

"Yeah, my father took me there all the time when I was a kid." Tony said, "He loved the place."

I felt the corner of my mouth tilt upwards, Howard Stark went to the Stork Club.

And suddenly, I knew exactly what I was going to do for my date with Skylar Evans.

~~~~~~~~~~~{Sky's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

I dropped my sticks...again. I sighed and picked them up mid-song. Cordelia stopped playing the guitar and Lydia stopped singing in the middle of my favourite lyric.

"You're definitely off your game, Sky." Cordelia sighed unplugging her guitar from the amp. "Maybe we should call it a day."

"No, I'm fine. I'm just having a weird week." I replied, twirling a stick in my left hand like I usually did when I got nervous.

"Cordelia's right, Sky." Lydia said and switched off the mic. "Let's call it a day. We'll go get some coffee or see a movie?"

I pursed my lips and sighed, grabbing my bag and shoving my drum sticks inside. "I have a shift in half an hour."

"We'll swing by later, okay?" Lydia said sweetly.

"Sure, I'll be at the bar." I told them. I was working the bar tending shift tonight, which meant, I was most likely going to be spending the next five hours getting people drunk and being hit on by middle aged men going through their midlife crisis.