Chapter 6: Not Again

{Steve’s Point of View}

Sky had the night off work. It was the first time I could spend the night with her since we packed up and left the Stark Tower.

It had been three days since my chat with Tony, and his words were still etched into my mind like they’d been chiseled in stone.

She is my weakness.

It got me thinking, and I’d realised he was right. Noel was his weakness –because he loved her.

So, that meant Sky was my weakness. And I needed to protect her, no matter what the cost.

“So, what are we doing tonight?” I asked, sitting on the couch with Sky. Immediately after I sat, she snuggled my to me, resting her head on my chest, curled up under my arm.

“I don’t know.” She admitted. “We could go out –dinner and a movie? I’ve heard really good things about this movie called Life of Pi.

“That sounds good.” I agreed.

***

Half an hour later, we were in a cab headed into New York.

I wasn’t going to lie; it was still a little daunting going into the city after everything that had happened to me here.

I’d woken up here, run out and been smacked in the face with 21st Century technology. I’d fought Loki and his army of Chitauri here. I’d watched Tony lose Noel here.

“You okay?” Sky asked, kissing my cheek tenderly.

As always, she could tell when I was agitated. I think that was one of the things I loved most about her; I didn’t have to explain what I was a feeling to her, she just knew.

“Yeah.” I nodded and kissed her back. “Excited. It’s been a while since I went to the cinemas.”

“Well, it’s not black and white anymore its colour.” She chuckled, poking fun at me, but I didn’t mind. “And they don’t have five minute long commercials either.”

I pulled a face, “Colour? What is this ‘colour’ you speak of, ma’am, it sounds so fascinating!”

Sky laughed and kissed me again, murmuring against my lips, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

***

After the movie, which was amazing, I took Sky out for dinner at a restaurant across the street from the theatre. She told me how work was going and how Cordelia, Lydia and her were thinking of writing some original songs to perform at the Club.

“Have you heard from Starlie?” She asked me suddenly.

“No, I can’t say I have.” I frowned, sipping at my drink. “Why do you ask?”

“Hector wants me to try get in touch with her. She hasn’t been answering her calls.” Sky shrugged. “She’s probably ignoring us, trying to get away from all the S.H.I.E.L.D drama.”

“Hector and Starlie have…history, don’t they?” I remembered Sky telling me something vaguely about them.

“Yeah. They dated for years before we left the S.P.A. Then they had to split up for our own safety.” She explained.

Before I could even think about replying, Sky put her head in her hands like she was trying to hide from someone.

She mumbled, “Oh no, not again.”

“Sky?” I leaned over the table, “Sky, are you okay, sweetie? Are you hurt?”

“No, no!” Skylar exclaimed, “Just, don’t look around. There’s some girl stalking me.”

Disobeying her, I looked around frantically for this mystery stalker. “How long has this been going on?”

“About five days –I don’t know. I thought I could handle it.” Sky shrugged.

A blonde woman with the most striking blue eyes waltzed right up to our table. She was wearing a blue dress that slipped off her shoulders with a golden belt tied around her waist. Her hair was up in a style that made it look like a crown.

She was very pretty –and very Asgardian.

“Enchantress.” I snarled.

The woman chuckled, “Odin no! I’m not Amora!” She exclaimed. “I’m Alexandra Shaw.”

* * *

Author's Note: Double upload tonight! Main reason; tomorrow I'm planning on knuckling down and actually doing my homework, or at least some of it.

What did you think? Steve was all geared up for a fight and bam! Was harmless little Alexandra Shaw xD

What do you guys think of Alexandra?

After a long (okay, not so long, because it was a no-brainer) chat with my awesome editor Watson, I've decided that I'm going to keep Alexandra as a character and she's going to 'guest star' throughout Metallic Lights (heres hoping I can weave her into the story line!)

So, this isn't the last you'll see of her!

Next update is due for Monday (but knowing me, it'll probably be sooner!)

Until then, comment, vote, like!

*huggles* arielleblack.