Chapter 7: Questions

~~~~~~~~~~~{Sky's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

After showing Fury the hit the S.P.A had ordered on me they let me out of the interrogation room. They wouldn't let me go home though, despite my protesting and demanding for at least one phone call so I could tell Hector that I was okay. He was probably worried sick, this was the second time within a fortnight that I hadn't come home after leaving the Club.

He probably thought that the S.P.A had finally caught up with me. But what I really didn't understand was why they'd taken only me. Hector had been an agent too, I'll admit, not as notorious as myself, but he'd still taken out some people. He'd even been sent after the Hulk -who I'd figured out was the other brunette man behind the glass.

They gave me a room and I wasn't allowed out unless I had an agent escort. I felt pathetic and bored. The old me wouldn't have taken this crap. The old me would have knocked out Fury and ran.

The old me would have killed Steve, and everyone else in that room.

The room they'd given me was a decent size, and looked almost identical to the room I'd had at the S.P.A facility. White walls with white furniture, a bathroom to my right and a kitchenette tucked away to the left of the door. The rest of the room was massive and had room for a bed and a small couch and tv for a living area. All in all, it was nice, and it could have been cosy if it had pictures or personal items hanging around, but I didn't have any plans to stay here permanently.

There was a knock at the door and I sat up on the single bed.

"Come in, I guess." I sighed and ran a hand through my brown hair.

"Hi." Steve popped his head in awkwardly.

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. After the accusations held against me, not to mention my colourful past coming to light, I thought he'd never want to talk or see me again.

"Hi." I cheered up a little,

Steve closed the door behind him and stood awkwardly in the middle of the room. "How are you?"

"Bored, and a little confused." I told him truthfully before remembering my manners. "You can sit down if you want."

Steve nodded and sat on the end of the bed, perched like a bird on a power line. "Have you called your brother?"

"Director Fury won't give me access to a phone." I replied sullenly. "Hector's probably alerted police and the national guard by now."

Steve reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He tossed it to me. "Here."

I stared at him and rose my eyebrows, "You do realise you're going against orders right? You can get in a lot of trouble."

Steve shrugged, "I know, but I don't care. You're not a bad person."

"I killed people." I retorted, "I should be in jail."

"And I'm 92." He replied, "I probably should be dead."

Without thinking I blurted, "You look bloody good for a 92 year old."

Steve blushed a little and changed the subject. "You should call your brother."

Steve left the room and left me to my own thoughts. I stared at the iPhone with the numbers on the screen, my thumbs hovering over the screen.

What was I going to say to him?

I sighed and dialled Hector's number.

"Hello?" Hector's voice came through the phone. He sounded like a dead man, so much worry and concern and fear shaking through the phone line. When I didn't reply he repeated, "Hello?"