Chapter 2: Starbucks

Authors Note: just quickly before we begin: this chapter is dedicated to @SidLovesNancy for the WONDERFUL cover she made for me <3 thank you!!

Now, on with the chapter!

* * *

Chapter 2: Starbucks

~~~~~~~~~~~{Sky's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a fuzzy memory and a throbbing headache. The ceiling was a burgundy colour and the down lights were switched off. The smell of alcohol and Zoe's special parmigiana sauce filled my nose and I knew immediately that I was in the Stork Club.

I frowned, confused. I remembered leaving the Club and heading home but I didn't remember anything after that.

I tried to remember the events of last night.

Had I gotten drunk? Did I have a hang over? Had I been drugged?

I rolled over and fell off the bar bench.

"Ah!" I cried and landed on my side, letting out another yelp of pain as I landed hip and elbow first.

"Are you okay?" A blonde man stood over me before kneeling down and checking for any cuts or bruises. His expression was concern and worry.

"I'm fine." I said, sitting up and holding a hand to my head, "What happened?"

"I think you were walking home from here and three men dragged you into an alley. But I took care of them, ma'am, don't worry." He smiled a little and that when I realised who he was.

"You're they guy I served yesterday!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, I am, ma'am." He nodded. "My names Steve, Steve Rogers."

"I'm Skylar Evans, but you can call me Sky." I told him with a smile as I felt my phone starting to vibrate in my jeans pocket before an eruption of music came from it;

'Tell me, did you sail across the sun,

Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded?

And that heaven is overrated,

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star,

One without a permanent scar,

And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?'

I answered the phone; "Hey,"

"Sky! Where the hell are you! I was ready to call the cops!" Hector exclaimed on the other end of the line,

"I'm fine, relax. I'm at the Club." I told him.

"You're still there?" He asked, the concern disappearing from his voice but he still sounded a little puzzled.

I hesitated, should I tell him about the guys in the alley? "Yeah. I closed up late so I decided to sleep here." I lied.

"Okay. I'm glad you're safe. I'll be over in about half an hour." Hector said, "Amanda called, by the way, she can work today so you can have to day off."

"Great!" I exclaimed and immediately regretting it, my head throbbed a bit more. "I'll see you soon then."

"See you soon, sis." Hector said before ending the call. I shoved my phone back in my pocket and got up.

"You didn't tell him about the alley?" Steve asked, confused.

"He doesn't need to worry about me. He's already got enough to worry about." I replied, going behind the bar and getting a glass of water and taking out the panadol packet from the first aid kit in the kitchen, "Do you want anything?" I called out to Steve.