Chapter 24

(here's another chapter! I tried to give you all some room to read from my last update, but I was so excited to post this! Enjoy~)

Atticus' POV:

I hurdled out of that car, with everything that I had. I shifted into my wolf form and in mere seconds I was standing behind Zaine and Gabriel. But instead of attacking, they just stood there, staring.

My heightened senses had me standing in a defensive position with my back arched and my hair raised. I sniffed the air and I paced back and forth, just waiting for someone to make a move. Eaton approached me, I could smell him. He glanced down at me with a frown, clearly he was confused as I was.

I peeked my head around Gabriel's legs. We were standing in an abandoned warehouse, with a group of enemies to our close right. They were all staring at the middle of the room, where a bright light was shining rays over every inch of the building. I closed my eyes, the light was beginning to hurt. After a few moments, the light died down to a glimmer. Everyone in the room was motionless.

Soon, a small glowing figure was floating above the ground. It was evident that it was Arianna. The feeling of her power was overwhelming. Another figure materialized beside her. Her hands were on the taller figures chest and I knew that she had just resurrected the dead. I had never seen anything like it before.

She was pure power. All of this time, I thought that I needed to protect her and that she was weak. Boy was I wrong. I realized that now.

The light faded until nothing was left but two figures. The taller one was male and he had blond curls and a straight jaw line. He was motionless, just floating there. He wore ripped and bloody clothing that reeked of blood.

Once their feet touched the ground, the male opened his hazel eyes and blinked. He looked down to Arianna, who was leaning against him, with her hands against his heart. He moved his arms up, but he seemed to not know what to do with them. Arianna suddenly collapsed and I was about to run out to catch her, but the male already did. He wrapped his arms around her, catching her limp form. He looked confused.

"Calvin!" A voice yelled. Another blond haired man ran towards the one who was named Calvin. Calvin lifted his head, without letting Arianna go. "Charlie? What's going on?" He asked with a confused look. Charlie and Calvin must be brothers.

I didn't want to wait around until it was too late. I nudged my head against Gabriel's leg. He simply shook his head. He still wanted to wait. A low growl escaped my throat, but I continued to pace.

Charlie moved to hug Calvin tightly, but Calvin moved away. "What's going on Charlie? Who is this girl? Why am I all bloody?" Calvin asked, with a crease in his brow. Charlie looked rejected, but he recovered quickly. "Well, it's a long story. You were dead, but-" Charlie began.

Gabriel finally cleared his throat. "I don't want to interrupt this reunion, but I am here for the girl." He said in a strong voice. Instantly, every head turned to him and plenty of guns were pointed in his direction. Calvin's eyes widened.

"I can't do that. She won't be going anywhere." Charlie said, through a growl. I pushed past Gabriel and I bounded towards Charlie, snarling and growling. My rage was setting in and it couldn't be stopped.

___________________________

I felt so incredibly weak. I remembered brining life to Calvin, but I couldn't remember anything past that. My mind was hazy and I felt over-heated. Deep inside, there was a strain over my powers. It was the last of the spell, holding back the dam from breaking. But it was causing me great pain. Putting life back into someone was the hardest thing I had ever done. My body felt as if it was just a shell, being poked by pins and needles.