Chapter 8

Atticus' POV:

Daniel had gone too far. I know he was still hurting and I know he couldn't get close to anyone, but when he said those heartless words to me, it was like I never knew him. After all of those years, all of the memories we shared, he just left me like that. I had put up with his childish behavior before, like the times he drank his pain away, but I couldn't think straight when he said that to me.

"I won't leave you Atticus, not ever."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I remember that day. He does too, but I guess it didn't matter to him. When I impulsively left the table, I knew that I shouldn't have left Arianna like that. But I wouldn't let her see me like this. Everyone looked at me as if I was a solid wall without emotions or feelings. They thought I was tough, bulletproof. But really? I was hurt. I had nothing besides Daniel and he was the brother I never had. I knew he was a bit crazy at times, but when he was so open with me and he told me all of his feelings and thoughts, it was hard to remember how he could be so heartless.

Arianna was just like me. We both lost our parents and we both were left to fight the big bad world alone. Then Daniel came into our lives and he promised us a future. She was the only one who understood the rejection I was feeling and the hurt. The entire time I thought they he adopted Arianna to give another rag tag kid like me a future.

As I stood in the male bathroom, bent over the sink breathing heavily, I knew that I had to go back. I would give Daniel a piece of my mind and I would make sure Arianna was ok. She was probably real upset too. I mean, she just got back from Union and I couldn't even imagine what she went through. I did know that she was shot in the shoulder. She has already been through hell and putting this on top of it all was horrible. Daniel was heartless

for kicking her out a few months after bringing her home. I only felt some of the pain she was going through and it was awful.

I ran a hand through my thick hair before striding towards the door. When I got angry I did things that I regretted. I never meant to hurt anyone, but my wolf inside demanded me to do things. So I kept my temper as best as I could. Right now, I felt the heat in my chest. Angry thoughts were flooding my mind and I knew that I was close.

I pushed the door open with force. I heard it slam into the wall but that wasn't on my mind. I kept my pace as I crossed the hall towards the double doors leading back to the dining area. As I passed those double doors, I saw a scene that stopped my heart. I couldn't breath, my lungs were contracting. Arianna stood from the table. Even from the distance I was at, the hurt and the pain on her face was heart breaking. Her chin wobbled and her eyes were watery. I know she was feeling self conscious from the way she was looking now, but she was absolutely beautiful. Her hair might be darker and her eyes might have looked different but she was still Arianna. Even the vines on her skin were breath taking. Every moment that I looked at her, I could see her pure beauty and nothing else.

But as she ran from the table, tears streaming down her smooth cheeks, I was frozen. The only thing I could make myself do was call out to her. She didn't turn around. I wasn't going to chase after her, the rage was already built deep in my chest. I wouldn't risk hurting her. She meant so much to me, I couldn't deny that. Being away from her for a month was living hell.

I was so embarrassed when I snapped out of the trance that the whore of a succubus put me under. No one seemed to think it was a big deal, other than me. I let my thoughts and emotions be played with. That would never happen again. I knew that Arianna would think that I was less of a man after what happened, but she seemed to forget it even happened at all. I was relieved, but my paranoia was still nagging at the corners of my mind. But that wasn't important now.