Chapter 22

Daniel was tied to a chair in a pitch black room. I stood in front of him as he was starting to come to.

"What the fuck...?" He groaned. Then Daniel began to panic. It was beyond me how he didn't use any of his extensive powers, but that didn't matter. I motioned for someone to turn on the lights. And then they were flicked on.

The room was completely bare and worn down. The floor was dirt and grime and the walls were smeared with what could be assumed to be blood. The building was creepy and abandoned, the perfect place to bring Daniel.

"Who the fuck is there?" He angrily called out. "Guessss." I purred. I would make Daniel afraid. I would do to him what he did to me. I needed my revenge. "Tell me!" He yelled. "I swear to god, I'll kill you if you don't show yourself." His threats were empty. I waved my hand for the lights to turn on. The florescent lights came on and I ripped the burlap bag off of his head. Daniel looked like he was having the worst of hangovers. His beard was messy and untrimmed. Daniel's hair was too. His eyes were dark and bloodshot. He blinked a few times.

"A-Arianna?" He gasped. I grinned widely at him. I walked circles around his chair and I watched him struggle in the ropes. "What are you doing doll?" He tried to keep his voice from shaking, but his attempts where poor. 'Doll'? Was he really trying to gain my trust?

"Hey Daniel. Funny seeing you here." My grin was growing even more. I could smell his fear, I could sense it. "What are you doing? Arianna untie me." He growled. His intimidation no longer worked on me. "No can do, silly." I said simply. "Look, I'm sorry about kicking you out of the house, I thought that-" I cut him off with a laugh. I didn't want to hear his bullshit lies anymore. "Haven't you realized by now? I know what you did, straight from when you adopted me.'' I smirked.

The way his face changed from confusion to realization was priceless. "What? What are you talking about?" He tried to play dumb. "Danieeel. Cut the shit ok? You only adopted me to use me in your plan of revenge. But you know what? I have my own little revenge to begin." I swayed towards him and before I even touched his chest, he went flying backwards, hitting the wall and cracking it. "You- You don't understand.'' Daniel wheezed. The chair he was tied to appeared to be one blow away from crumbling to pieces.

"No Daniel." I began. "You don't understand. I'm not as weak as I seem. I'm not as innocent either." I took a switch blade from the pocket of my shorts. Let him forever be reminded of what he did to me. I took the blade and surged towards him. "Arianna no! Put that fucking thing down." Daniel struggled, though he seemed to be so hung over, that the thought of using his powers did not even occur to him. I took the knife and slashed his cheek upwards. The soft flesh and tissue of his face was in ribbons. Blood squirted and poured from the wound. Daniel yelped in pain.

Then I dropped the knife and turned away. I walked towards the door. The guilt and pain set heavy in my chest. 'Don't feel. Don't feel.' I could not let him see how bad I was hurting, or how much his pain hurt me. I wanted to run up and heal his wound and hug him, then Daniel would take me home and put me on my bed. That would never happen.

"You better use that knife to cut the ropes and you best remember how to use your powers." I warned him, because when I stepped out of that building, a match was dropped and the old building went up in flames.

I walked away from the burning building and I tried to blink away the tears. The plan was never to kill him, so I hoped he escaped. I still even hoped that he was ok.

. . . .

Through out the bus ride, I was congratulated by too many people. I didn't feel proud at all. Though I had gotten my revenge, I didn't feel fulfilled, I felt empty and hallow.

"I didn't know you had it in you, Red." Charlie grinned. That only made me feel worse. I sat with my knees up to my chest and I stared out of my window. I was shaking and my palms were sweating. Fear was holding my heart captive and I could barely breath.

I was in so much trouble. Union was after me and so was Gabriel and his angels. I had to keep running, to get away from my mistakes.

But I was too late.

___________________________

Atticus' POV:

I was so nervous. I couldn't believe I was going to see my Arianna after so long. I imagined to see her, trapped with the gang of horrible people. She would be crying and I would comfort her. I loved her so much. I really did. Never before have I admitted it, but everything about her had me weak in the knees. She was so much more than ordinary.

Angels were flying and driving to Shinning Falls from all directions. I was sitting silently in the back of Zaine's car. Eaton was there too. Their girlfriends were at home waiting for them. Everything should go smoothly, we would swoop in and kick some ass and get Arianna to safety, where she could regain her full powers.

It had been a long time since I had been back home and I missed my friends greatly. But as we pulled through the boarder and we drove through the town, there was no sign of Arianna anywhere. Everything seemed to be a regular summer afternoon.

"Where the hell is she?" I growled and slammed my fist into the seat. "Atticus, be patient. She must be driving out of the city. I don't know what the gang plans to do with her, but she'll be ok." Eaton's voice was calming. I somehow managed to sit back, but I was still nervous.

We drove and drove for what seemed like forever. We left Shining Falls and I was feeling the hope drain from my body. The only thing I saw other than trees was a house that was on fire and a few fire trucks.

Then Zaine got a phone call. "What? She's where? They want her to do what?" Zaine yelled into the phone. I gripped my seat and I could feel the anticipation. Zaine ended the call then sighed. "Well, that was Gabriel. He says that the gang is on a bus and they are driving to some hick town for Arianna to revive a dead guy." He paused. "Gabriel is already chasing down the bus."

Could this get any weirder?