Chapter 12

I woke up with my back sore, and the sun light shining in my eyes. I was wearing my new pj's that I had bought yesterday. They were warm and soft. I worked all day, until the early hours of morning getting my home cleaned. Everything was now spotless and perfect. I had cleaned every nook and cranny and I was satisfied. Everything was put away. My clothes in the closet on hooks, the food in the fridge. I even had a garbage can in the kitchen. I knew that there was still a lot to do, but I didn't care. I was excited to do more. I wanted to plant some flowers in the back yard and make a garden.

The futon was in the living room, against the wall. I could stare right into the kitchen, if I had my eyes open. With a yawn, I opened my eyes slightly. For some reason, I smelt bacon cooking and eggs. That was when I saw the tall, lean figure in my kitchen. It wasn't a burglar at least. I doubt anyone wanting to steal my stuff would stop to make himself breakfast.

With alarm, I sat up from the futon, kicking the blanket off of my body. The sunlight was warm from the open window. I had to buy curtains to, along with a proper bed. Standing on my two bare feet, I stretched out my aching back before proceeding to the kitchen.

"Sebastian? What are you doing in my house?" He turned to look at me, his freshly washed hair was damp. He smiled at me, his pearly white teeth gleaming. He had the same stubble of a beard on his soft jaw line. Sebastian looked a lot less menacing from how I remembered. "Well, look who is finally awake. It's nearly one in the afternoon." He replied, ignoring my question.

Sebastian was wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt. The outfit was the most casual I have ever seen him in. He looked rather relaxed for a change. Sebastian was cooking eggs and bacon in a frying pan over the oven. It smelt delicious. Toast was already toasting in the toaster, that Maggie had lent me.

"How long have you been in my house for?" That was the question I wanted to know the most. Walking across the tiled floor, I sat on one of the two wooden chairs. I looked out of the window at the street below. "A few hours really. You need better locks." He remarked playfully. "No kidding." I mumbled.

It wasn't like I didn't like Sebastian and all, but if he found me so easily, would I be chased down by Union? I wanted to move on, but it looks like that wasn't going to happen. "You were hard to find, believe me. The only reason I found you, was because I happened to be outside of the hotel when you hopped in a taxi and left."

Sebastian had his back to me. He was very tall compared to me. "So you followed me?" I couldn't help but grin at how weird Sebastian was. He literally followed me across the country. "Yeah." He replied sheepishly. "I had no idea where you were going, or why you left. I just followed you. I didn't want you to get hurt ." He mumbled, but I heard him clearly. My cheeks blushed pink. "I had to wait until the next flight here, then when I finally got here, it was around 5 in the morning. Damn, I went to a few friends and I looked everywhere for you."

Sebastian turned around with two plates in his hands. He closed the distance between us and set a plate in front of me. He put the other plate across the table from me and sat down. The table was rather small, but just big enough for the both of us. Looking down at the plate, I saw two fried eggs, bacon and a piece of buttered toast. I met his red eyes that were staring back at my hazel ones intently. "Thank you for making breakfast." I said quietly. I brought the piece of toast to my mouth and chewed on the edges.

"My friend called me up and told me that he saw you at the diner. He told me that you were making calls for an apartment. And here I am." He was grinning as he spoke. He piled a fork load of bacon into his mouth. "You went through a lot of trouble over me. I was convinced no one cared." I couldn't control the crack in my voice and the lump in my throat. The emotions poured out in my words. I ate the rest of the toast quickly, but I tasted nothing.