Chapter 16

I jumped from the broken window, slowing my fall with my telekinesis. I landed with a thud and I quickly paced away from the building.

Before, I would have ran from a situation, like when Zaine attacked me. Now, I was ready to fight for myself. I was ready to protect another person. Maybe after all of the things that had happened to me, made me a better person.

I distanced myself from the building, towards the orange-yellow flames in the distance. That was were they were looking for me. The fire bender had set a food cart on fire; why, I didn't know. Destruction must fuel their adrenaline.

I briskly walked towards the bright, expanding flames. Suddenly, I was hit by another electric shock. The pain ceased by body and I fell to the ground. My limbs pulsed as the intensity of the shock increased. My nerves were pinched and set ablaze, like the food cart. My back arched up, as the electricity took a hold of me. I couldn't think and I felt myself slowing fading to unconsciousness. I held onto my power, I grasped it within myself. I forced the waves of electricity away from my body with my power, I forced myself to move, to break the hold of electricity. It hurt, so badly that tears formed in my eyes. With a sudden push, the electricity was lifted from my body in a blinding light. My hair whipped back from the force. Once I opened my eyes, I saw the marks on my body glow a pale blue.

I had a sudden urge to cough, and my body heaved forward as a clump of blood left my mouth. I grimaced in disgust before pushing my self to my feet. When I turned around, Charlie and the two other men were running towards me. Before I had a chance to do anything, to move my exhausted limbs, I was slammed into the ground. My head bounced off of the cement and I hissed in pain. Charlie wretched my arms forcefully and held them over my head. He pushed his knee into my stomach and the air escaped my lungs.

"What the fuck are you? Who are you?" He spat angrily. I sucked in a gulp of air before bucking up my body, in attempts to throw off Charlie. In response, he sent a fist to my face. My head whipped to the side and my vision went foggy. He repeated the question though I refused to answer. He punched me, twice before hauling me to my feet. I felt the warm stream of blood pour down my chin. I couldn't quite pinpoint where the pain hurt the most, but I felt as if at any moment I would pass out.

"Charlie, she looks like that caster." A man said from behind. I was held by my elbows, above the ground. I could hardly keep both of my eyes open, let alone make complete thoughts. "Which one?" Charlie snapped. "The Sinclair," he replied. I cursed under my breath, though it sounded like a mumble of incoherent sounds. Charlie smirked and he set me on the ground, though he didn't let me go.

"There's a prophecy about her. Her parents were those stuck-up powerful ones too." Another voice said. Charlie laughed, a deep long laugh. The smell of iron invaded my senses. My sight was hazy, I could barely make out the silhouette of Charlie though he was right in front of me. "We have him!" Another voice yelled.

Moments later, two other men hauled over a limp body. Though I could barely see, I saw the blood and the bruises. Sebastian didn't move. I felt the panic rest into my stomach. Charlie said how much he wanted to kill him, was he dead? No, he couldn't be dead. Not Sebastian.

"C-Charlie." I managed to say. He looked towards me, sharply. "I can bring back your brother." I felt my body tremble after saying those words. I had no idea how, or even if I could. But the prophecy said that I could. It was a huge risk, but it might just save my life, Sebastian's, and everyone else here.

"The fuck did you just say to me?" Charlie snarled. He shook me violently before dropping me to the ground. He slammed his foot into my ribcage. I moaned in pain after doubling over. I clutched my stomach as the pain flowed through me. "Charlie, I think thats what the prophecy said. That she was some kind of key to the after life." A voice said, in a soft tone.