Chapter 1.16

"Why am I still here..."

FeiNan muttered to himself whilst fiddling casually with his fingers. This vast dark empty space only proved that it would not hurt him so far, which was reassuring.

But he stared at his fingers closely, it seemed...it seemed as if he had a sense of numbness in his hand. Like when you sit too long on your leg, only to stand up and realise that it had no feeling.

"What's going on?"

He bit down on his fingers, softly at first, once he confirmed there was no inkling of pain he increased his strength.

A slight fear tugged at his heart, in this space where he does not know what was going on, anything changing especially with his body, was very alarming.

"System! System!"

FeiNan started panicking, his eyes swam around as he clutch onto his robes. He could not hear, could not see, and slowly he will lose the feeling of his body.

No one is here for him. No one would help him. He is alone.

_______________________________

JunQing has been training alongside of his newfound sword,

"What is that stance? You look constipated, strengthen your core!"

The now ever prevalent haughty voice chided him again and again, pointing out various errors. Even with this constant nagging, JunQing had never lost his temper at this sword of his. He knew it was training him to be stronger, and right now, all he wanted to do was become stronger.

Strong enough so that nobody could push him and FeiNan around, strong enough so that he can overcome the circumstance that his blade has told him so clearly of.

Wiping down his sweat, he returned to the room that held FeiNan. Filling the usual tub with water, his eyes swept over to see FeiNan's finger slightly twitching, so slight it was almost invisible to the naked eye.

In a flash he flew to FeiNan's side, gripping his hand that moved and whispering,

"FeiNan? FeiNan...wake up.."

He searched for any signs on FeiNan's face that indicated the possibility of him opening his eyes. But nothing changed, the twitching of his hands stopped and he resumed his death-like state.

JunQing sighed, he tried locating TingXuan again but he could not find her. So now he was rendered helpless as he watches FeiNan continue sleeping.

"Eh, don't be so sad. Atleast he's still breathing right? The only thing you can do now is training yourself, so hurry up and do it!"

The sword vibrated in its sheathe very adament about his opinion.

"En..."

JunQing had to pry his eyes away from FeiNan's face, gripping the handle of TianDi, hardening his resolve in his heart.

He quickly left the room, locking it behind him, leaving FeiNan alone.

Unbeknownst to him, HeiAn that was lying on the wooden table, started pulsating softly as a dark mist slowly seeped out of the head of the handle. Making it's way to FeiNan's side.

The mist slowly surrounds his body, turning to the slightly parted lips,

"No! Get away from my Host! You vile thing, I am the great System!!"

FeiNan's earrings glowed a bright white colour, sharply contrasting the darkness from the mist. A young girl with long golden hair and pale gray eyes projected herself out from the earrings. It was like a hologram, just a projection and not an actual tangible being.

Tears had sprung from her eyes as she protectively used her massless body to wrap around FeiNan, her arms covering his face whilst sending death glares,

"Don't come any closer!"

She tried to hold FeiNan tighter to herself, but realised she could not move his body. Using the communication hub with FeiNan, she tried sending alarm messages for him to wake up, but he never responded.

The black mist seemed to have overcame its initial state of confusion, looking at how the yound girl was helpless it crept closer to FeiNan, slowly moving its way up and into his mouth.

"No! Stop it! Stop it!! That's my Host!"

"Shut up."

A sudden foreign consciousness stabbed her head, as she felt something wriggle through her mind.

"So you were the being interrupting my possesion. Well since I've taken over some parts of his body, I could actually control my main body...HeiAn."

The voice echoed in her eyes, a hint of mockery evident in his tone.

Slowly a sense of fatigue washed over her, her sight slowly fades away to darkness,

"H-host...wake up."

Tears slid down her cheek as her eyes closed, the projection flickered and disappeared. The earrings that were a jade green at first, had now turned into a deep darker shade of green.

"Hos-.....wa-...up.."

"System? System!"

FeiNan woke up from his panic hearing that same voice. Twisting and turning his head he shouted,

"Where are you System?!"

His eyes widened in a frenzy trying to look for where the voice came from. The panic that was beginning to subside had just elevated in his mind, sending his heart into breakneck speed.

Gripping his robes he realised that his arm had lost all its nerves, he scratched his neck and could not feel anything either,

"No...no no!"

He felt out his whole body for any signs of slight pain, but he could not feel anything. It was like this body was not his own anymore.

"Didn't you want revenge?"

A deep voice rumbled within the dark expanse, drowning out FeiNan's thoughts by the sheer volume of it.

"Give me your body and I will give you your revenge....to kill the masked man that night...don't you want to?"

"I..I do.."

FeiNan's answers flowed out even if he did not want it to, it was forcfully being drawn out.

"Give me this body..I will not kill you, we will be together, I will never leave you and I will give you power immeasurable under the heavens."

"Power...immeasurable.."

No please don't.

"Yes...so let's do this together, together, forever."

"Together..."

Someone...

"Yes...yes..."

JunQing..

FeiNan's eyes slowly burned, the only feeling in his now numbed body. The darkness that he had now began to be adjusted to had cracked opened a slight bit. A ray of light peeked through the crack as something lifted his hand to reach out. As he touched the ray of light, the deep voice sounded,

"Contract complete."

A white light blinded his eyes as he squinted. He was propped up on a soft bed and someone was cleaning his chest...his chest!

He quickly shooked his head and pushed the arm reaching into his robes,

"Get away from me!"

He pushed the body back only slightly, with his slightly foggy eyes he looked up to meet the gaze of a dumbfounded individual.

"FeiNan you're awake!"

Author's Notes:
Poor system...

Sorry for the short chapters, I'm actually on a holiday in Korea right now :9