Chapter 1.8

The system was now screeching beside his ear,

"Host!! You are suppose to reduce time encountering the Protaganist before the storyline permits, not increase it!!! Wuwuwuwu what are we going to do if the points get deducted because of this..."

FeiNan grit his teeth and sighed angrily,

"I'm also stressed out here!! Did you see how pressuring he was, the food I had this morning threatened to come back up!!!"

The system was taken aback by the sheer intensity of its Host feelings, it paused for abit before saying,

"System has a plan for Host."

A soft beeping sound can be heard before the voice continued,

"The book describes Second Male Lead as cold and aloof, only showing emotion infront of the Female Lead."

"Cold and aloof..."

"So just play a two faced character!!What could go wrong?"

"Alot of thin-"

The system pacified his worries and urged him to go to sleep. After all it was FeiNan's idea to invite JunQing over.

__________________________________

A familiar beeping sound resounded in FeiNan's head
as he stretched his hands to try find the alarm clock, the system shouted,

"Wake up Host!! The Protaganist is coming!!"

Protaganist......ah JunQing is coming!!

FeiNan quickly tumbled out of bed and pulled on some presentable robes before dashing towards the estate's entrance, not forgetting to perfect a stoic face.

"Yes, Host just like that...perfect!! Host you're so handsome, System is so lucky to have you!!"

Trying to hype up FeiNan for his oncoming task, the system takes on the role of being that-one-supportive-friend-that-always-tells-you-you-look-good-even-if-you-are-absolute-trash.

Approaching the entrance, he spots a nervous looking boy stalking back and forth.

Looking very suspicious, some servants were preparing to chase him away but FeiNan who was surpressing his laughter, froze his face, stepped in and said,

"Good morning, you must be JunQing, my friend NanFei told me you are in need of work?"

"Y-yes..."

JunQing quickly straightened himself out, his large build stretching taunt, towering over the slightly smaller man infromt of him.

The oh-so-great Protaganist was being so awkward, FeiNan has really seen everything, he quickly coughed before saying,

"You...can follow me and I'll get you something to do.."

But before he could turn around, JunQing fumbled around and fished out the pouch from yesterday, pushing it into FeiNan's chest.

"This is was given to me by NanFei, I just want to give it back, I've used what I needed."

FeiNan quickly pushed it back and followed by saying,

"Nono, NanFei gave this to you for a reason, I can't take this."

"B-but it's too much.."

Oh my protaganist, your virtuous halo has sprouted, please don't be so difficult and just take the money. I, FeiNan, am not a saint, and I have no patience for this back and forth business.

FeiNan coldly countered,

"Be quiet. I don't care."

A slight chilly wind blew past them, taken aback by his rude remark, JunQing's face soured and he quickly tucked the pouch back under his robes.