5. Surprise

Nicole's POV

"Can I come in or is Aideen still here?" Eric said as I answered the door.

"It's been three days get over it Eric."

"Trust me I'm still trying to get over it..." he said more to himself then to me. "All I'm asking is for us to talk without fighting."

"Well you're the one getting mad all of the time..." I said letting him in.

"You get mad too don't just blame it on me Nicole."

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked changing the subject.

"Well to start off my parents already know about the baby."

"When did you tell them?"

"The day you told me to leave so you could stay with Aideen."

"Okay there was no need to bring him up again!"

"Well I just wanted to make sure you remembered the day right."

"Who else knows?" I asked rolling my eyes at him.

"Nobody."

I was about to respond to him but my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I said.

"Nicole can you come down to the salon?" Mya said.

"Umm let me see if Eric can take me, why what happened?"

"Nothing bad don't worry, it's just I need help. It's pretty packed right now."

"Okay I'll try to get over there as soon as possible." I said hanging up.

"I'll take you." Eric said before I even asked him.

We were in complete silence during the way there. Eric started chuckling out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Nothing, I just think it's cute how you're rubbing your stomach." he said glancing over at me quickly.

"Oh..... I didn't even notice." I said looking down at my hands. No belly yet obviously but I found myself feeling my stomach.

"You're going to look beautiful once you get the baby bump." Eric said placing one hand on my stomach.

"Yeah you say that because you're not the one that's going to look ugly and fat for 9 months." I said looking out the window.

Eric pulled over to the side of the road. "What the heck Eric, Mya needs me to get there fast!!"

"Fat or skinny you're beautiful Nicole."

"You're just saying that because you want to make me feel better, but just stop it."

"Why are you being so negative?" he said forcing me to look at him.

"I'm pregnant with your baby and you said you don't even know if this is going to work out between us anymore!" I snapped at him. "You say you love me but do you really Eric? Do you really love me the way you did five years ago?"

"Nicole, I'm going to take care of you and the baby." was all he said.

"Whatever just take me to Mya now..... please." I said looking away as he turned on the car.

"Nico-"

"Just don't. I don't want to hear your crap right now." I said cutting him off.

Moments later we arrived at the salon. I quickly got out of the car and waved him to leave. I walked in to see Mya going from one place to another.