4. More Arguments

"What are we going to do about this?"

"What do you mean?" Eric asked me as we got to my house.

"I'm not ready to be a mom, I'm 22. This is not the way I wanted it to happen."

"And I'm about to be 23."

"When's your birthday?" I asked him. Believe it or not, Eric never told me when his birthday was during all these years.

"It doesn't matter. What matters right now is how we are going to tell our families." he said as we walked into my house.

"It matters to me, we've been together for 5 years and you have never told me. I know the main reason why you don't like talking about it is because of your brother Derek." I said walking into the kitchen to get a yogurt.

"Can we stop talking about that?"

I didn't want to argue with him so I left it as that. Minutes later my mom walked in from the back door with Chloe all covered in mud.

"Uncle Eric!" Chloe said running up to him.

"Chloe stop. Stop right there." my mom said to Chloe that was inches away from Eric.

"Hi Chloe!" Eric said to her. "How did you get all covered in mud?"

"She was playing in the dirt Robert has over there and she was grabbing water from the pool when I wasn't looking."

"Grandma be mad at me." Chloe said looking down.

"I'm going to go get you a towel. Nicole make sure she doesn't move!"

"I want some one to play with." Chloe said.

"Tell you what, when your baby cousin is born you'll be able to play with him or her all you want. Deal?" Eric said.

"Eric!" I said.

"Did I hear right?" my mom said appearing out of nowhere.

"Mom.... umm Eric doesn't know what he's saying."

My mom handed Chloe the towel confused.

"Eric is just speaking without thinking mom."

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yeah... Eric was just talking about later in the future, right?" I said looking at Eric.

"Umm yeah....."

"Oh well you better be because you are both too young to be parents."

"Yeahhh." I answered.

"Eww I have mud in my ear grandma." Chloe said.

"Let's go get you washed up honey." my mom said wrapping the towel around her and carrying her.

"Eric, what the hell is your problem?!" I said placing my hands on my hips.

"Well I didn't know she was coming!"

"Lisa! I'm home." my dad said walking in. "oh hello."

"Hi dad. How was work?" I said walking over to the living room, Eric following close behind.

"Well you know same old." My dad said taking a seat.

"How are we going to tell them then?" Eric whispered at me while taking hold of my hand.

"I'm sorry what was that?" my dad asked looking at us like if we were crazy.

"Nothing Eric was just being.... Well Eric " I said nervously.