Chapter 12

-Harry-

I knew it was early, but I didn’t want to get up. I was still tired from the flight back home, plus Amber was asleep in my arms, so even if I did get up, I’d end up waking her up too. I looked at the time and noticed it was 11 in the morning. Ok, so it wasn’t early, but I was still tired.

I could hear movement coming from the rest of the flat. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes just as Louis came storming into my room and woke me up properly. Amber slowly opened her eyes and we both saw that Louis was worried about something. “Lou?” I asked my voice still full of sleep. “What’s happened?” I asked as I sat up and looked at him. “Its Lola. She’s just disappeared. We’ve tried phoning her, but she’s left her phone here on purpose. We’ve tried her flat, the hotel where her mum and sister are staying, but we can’t find her.” The words were tumbling out of his mouth a mile a minute. “Whoa, Lou, calm down, we’ll find her.” I said as I started getting dressed. Amber muttered something as she got out of bed, but I was already following Louis into the front room.

“I don’t get why you’re all worried.” Amber said as she sat next to me. “Amber. Do you know something?” I asked her. She sighed as she turned to face me. “No, but think about it. I’ve told you she might be pregnant. She’s probably scared, I mean, she’s only 17, she’s way too young to become a mum, plus she’s only just started her singing career. Where do you think she’s gone?” she asked me.

“Lola’s pregnant?” Zayn asked. “Well think about it.” Amber said a little impatiently. “Harry told me she’s become moody over the past couple of months, and she’s been throwing up as well. It was just a theory, she might not even be…” before she could finish Louis and Zayn were already running out the door. “Nice one.” I muttered under my breath as I followed them to Louis’ car. “Where are you going?” I asked as Louis started the engine. “Local clinic. If Amber’s right then…” he stopped talking as he turned to look at me properly. “Harry I’m sorry.” He whispered. “Sorry? Sorry for what?” I asked. “Louis now’s not the time.” Zayn said. “I can’t do this anymore Zayn. Harry’s my best friend. I know he’s in love with Lola. He’s been in love with her for months; he was just too scared to say anything because he’s with Amber.” Louis snapped at Zayn. “How did you…” but he cut me off. “Harry, just listen to me. Lola love’s you too. She has since the New Year’s Eve party we had. Sorry I didn’t tell you before.” He muttered. She loves me? I mentally slapped myself. “Lou, just find her please. Stop her if you have to. I’ll start walking around town, see if I can find her.” I said. He gave me a sad smiled before he drove off. I was about to walk away when someone grabbed my arm.

“Is that true?” Amber asked. “How…how long have you been standing there?” I asked, shocked that she could have heard the whole thing. “I followed you out.” She mumbled. “Amber, I’m so sorry I-“ she shook her head. “You’re not though.” She muttered as tears started to form in her eyes. “Harry I love you so much. Please tell me this isn’t true” She whispered. I couldn’t. I couldn’t lie to her face. That just wasn’t me. She sighed as she wiped her eyes. “Louis said months. How long is months?” she asked. I hadn’t really thought about it. “I dunno.” I muttered. “Of course you do. I’ve seen the way you look at her Harry. She’s my best friend. I would have been fine if you liked someone else, but not her.” She started crying again as Jake came over and hugged her.

“Amber, listen to me.” He said whilst looking at me. “I’ve seen the way Harry looks at Lola too, and the way she looks at him. She’s only looked at someone like that once before. They were together for 4 years before she caught him cheating. Lola’s the type of girl who lets everyone else be happy before herself. She sees how much you love Harry, just as much as she does. She didn’t want to hurt you.” He whispered as he hugged her closer to him. “Lola’s not pregnant. She may have similar symptoms to pregnancy, but she’s not.” I looked at him in disbelief. “Harry, if you want to find her, go to her doctors. She’s ill, I just don’t know how ill yet.” I felt someone tugging on my sleeve. “Harry, come on.” Niall said. I nodded but I didn’t move. “Amber, I’m…” I didn’t know what to say. “I love you, I do, it’s just that…”

“You love Lola more.” She gave me a weak smile. I nodded. “I’m sorry.” I whispered before I followed Niall. “I’ll stay here!” Liam called over as we started walking out the complex. “In case she comes back.” I nodded as we started walking to anywhere she might be. “Do you know which one’s her local doctor?” Niall asked as we started walking towards her flat. “Maybe. I’m not sure though.” I muttered as I was trying to remember any place that Lola may have mentioned that she loved going. “I just wish she had her phone with her.” I moaned as my phone started ringing. I put it on loud speaker so that Niall knew what was going on as well.

“Lou she’s not pregnant. Jake said she’d be that her local doctors. Do you think you could go there?” I asked before he had time to even speak. “Lola’s not pregnant?” Zayn asked. stupid loud speaker. I did the same with my phone so that Niall could hear what was happening. “No she’s not.” I said. “I just wanna find her.” I said. “Harry, I know you do.” Louis said. “Now do you have any idea which one her local doctor is? There are quite a few in London.” He said. “Er, maybe the one that’s closets to her flat.” I said sarcastically. I was getting frustrated. This was getting us know where. “Lou, listen. Me and Harry are nearly at her flat.” Niall finally spoke up. “Meet us there, and then we can think this through properly” We all agreed and hung the phone before me and Niall started walking again. We didn’t speak the whole time there. It wasn’t until we were opposite the park that I realised something. “How early did Lola leave this morning?” I asked. Niall shrugged. “I dunno. We got in a 3 in the morning and she was gone by the time I woke up for food at about 10.” I groaned. That was no help at all!

“Harry, what are you thinking?” Niall asked as I slowed my walking down and eventually came to a stop. “Well, if she was really at the doctors, surely it would be a check-up, right? They don’t normally take this long.” I said as I glanced at my watch. It was coming up to 12:30. “Yeah, and?” Niall asked. god, he can be slow! “I mean, Lola would have been to the doctors and out again before we even get there.” I said, still looking at the woods behind the park. “She’s always telling me how much she’s loved the woods.” I muttered. Niall followed my gaze. “Harry…” he trailed off. I was about to cross the road when Niall shouted at me. “HARRY! I turned just in time to see the car skidding towards me. I couldn’t move. I was rooted to the spot.

“HARRY!” I heard someone else call. I had no idea who it was, but they run across the road towards me, pushing me out the way so they got hit instead of me.

 “LOLA!” Niall shouted.