Chapter 1

I was walking round London, trying to make myself less bored then I already was. I hated living in the flat on my own, but if it meant I could continue doing what I loved then so be it, right? It also meant that I was away from my parent’s constant arguing back home! Id decided that, if I wanted a singing career I’d have to move to London for the college, much to my mum’s disappointment.

“But, what will I do without you?” she’d asked. I laughed slightly. “What you would normally do.” I said. “You’ve always acted like I’m not part of this family, so it won’t make much of a difference.” I shouted before I slung my sports bag over my shoulder and made my way to the train station. I’d already paid the deposit on the flat, so I only needed to move in.

Anyway, walking round London gave me a chance to clear my head. Earlier, my ‘teacher’ had told me that I had an interview for island records, to see if I was good enough. She told me that I needed to prepare myself for what to expect. I couldn’t help but feel that something was wrong. I should explain. 

I’ve just turned 17, moved from Bradford to London, so that I could peruse my dream of a solo artist. This interview was an amazing opportunity, and to be in the position I was in was amazing. But I’d only joined the college in September, and it was only the end of November now. There were people who’d been at the college for 3 years, and they weren’t this lucky. It just didn’t seem right to me.

The November wind was icy cold and I pulled my jacket tighter around my small frame: http://www.polyvore.com/no_effort_whatsoever/set?id=50387554, when I bumped into someone. “Oh, I’m sorry.” I mumbled; feeling embarrassed for not looking where I was going. “That’s alright love.” A cheery voice said which made me finally look up. I was shocked to see Louis Tomlinson standing in front of me, his cheeks rosy red from the cold. “You here for the video?” he asked. Video? Before I could say anything, he took hold of my hand and pulled my round the corner to see the rest of One Direction signing things for fans, taking pictures, and was that Niall dancing!?

I stood there shocked, until I realise that Louis was still holding my hand and I was standing next to Liam. I gave him a small smile before saying a very quiet “Hi.” He smiled back and pulled me into a sideways hug. “God you’re freezing.” He muttered as he pulled me even closer. “When we said fans could be in the video, we didn’t mean for them to roam the streets to get cold.” He muttered in my ear. I pulled away and smiled. “I have no idea what you’re on about.” I said. “I was just walking when I bumped into this thing.” I joked as I pointed to Louis. “You looked lonely, so I kinda got in your way.” He muttered. I started laughing. “Well thanks, I think.” I was a little unsure on how to be around them. I mean, I was talking to Louis and Liam from One Direction.

“Would you like to be in the video?” Liam asked. I hesitated ever so slightly. “What’s it for?” I asked. “Music video, for One Thing.” Louis said. I smiled. “Sure, why not.” I smiled when they both grinned. “I’ve got nothing better to do anyway.” I said. I was about to go to the back of the crowd when Liam stopped me. “Here.” He said as he handed me a flask. “You need to warm up.” I smiled instead of saying thanks, and made my way to the crowd. Well that wasn’t weird at all, I thought as I went and sat on some steps.

I poured the coffee into the lid and took a sip when I saw someone sit next to me.  I turned to see Zayn sitting there. “You alright?” he asked. I just nodded and took another sip. “Shouldn’t you be with the others?” I asked, my teeth chattering slightly. He just shrugged. “Wanted to make sure you were alright?” that confused me. “Why?” I asked. He shrugged again. “I saw you round town, just walking. Something’s up, isn’t it?” he asked. I sighed. “Kinda. But it’s a good something, I think.” He smiled then. “Well, if you ever want to talk, just come and find one of us.” He said before he got up and joined the others.

3 fifths of One Direction had been kind enough to notice me, which put a smile on my face. I mean, it’s not every day that you get to meet you’re idols right?

The music started playing and I got up to join the screaming crowd and started singing and jumping along. I was going to forget about the interview, for now anyway.

***************

It had got dark by the time the video was properly finished. The flask had gone cold now, but at least I’d warmed up. I went to find Liam to give it back when I found Niall instead. “Erm, hey. Can you give this back to Liam for me please?” I asked. He smiled and took the flask off me. “So you’re the girl Liam and Louis were talking about?” he asked. “They were talking about me?” I asked. He nodded. “They wanted to say bye actually.” He smiled as he took my hand. “Why?” I asked. “Because you’re the only fan who hasn’t screamed in our face.” Liam said. I smiled slightly.

“Well, thanks for the flask.” I said. He pulled me into a hug again to say bye. “You’re still freezing though.” He said, a small frown forming in his face. “I’m fine.” I said right before I sneezed. “Aww, that’s so cute.” Louis said. I scowled at him. “Shut up.” I mumbled. Niall started laughing.

“Where do you live?” Zayn suddenly asked. I looked at him, surprised. “Other side of town, why?” I asked. “Because there is no why we’re letting to walk all the way back in this weather.” Liam stated, before talking my hand and leading me to a car. “Harry, we’re taking a detour.” Louis sang as he got in the front. “Where to?” he asked as he turned to face me. “Were taking…” Liam trailed off. “Lola.” I quickly said. “We’re taking Lola home.” Niall said. Harry just shrugged as I gave him the address and started driving in the direction of home.

“Where are you from?” Louis randomly asked. I just shook my head. “That’s not really important.” I said, but my northern accent gave me away. “Well, how would you like to meet up with us sometime?” Liam asked. I smiled. “That would be great.” I said. “Well, we’ll just randomly knock on your door.” Harry laughed as he pulled up. I thanked them and got out the car.

“Nice meeting you Lola!” they all called. I waved them off before going into the building. Was I really in the same car as One Direction? I asked myself as I let myself in the flat. I sighed as I landed on the sofa. I couldn’t be bothered to move, so I picked up the nearest blanket and fell asleep.