Chapter 10

*5 months later*

-Lola-

Rather than spending a week with the boys in LA, I’ve spent the last 4 months travelling the US and Australia with them! I’m not complaining! I got to spend 4 whole months with my best friends. Since the brits, Zayn and Perrie had gotten together, finally! But then there were rumours going round that he was cheating on her with me. Luckily, I got to meet Perrie before we headed off to America and she totally understood about our close friendship. That and I think Zayn had already told her about how I liked Harry. So that was 3 people who now knew I liked him. I was still waiting for the moment when Louis accidently lets slip that I like him to him, but it hadn’t happened yet.

During the time on tour, I got to meet so many people. They had no idea who I was, which was nice, considering the week my single had come out in the UK I was getting fans follow me everywhere! Now I know how the guys must feel!

We were now heading back to the UK for a much needed break from all the travelling. Their Up All Night tour had finished, an end of an era, but they’d already started recording new songs for their new album, which I wasn’t allowed to listen to -.- but that just meant that they weren’t allowed to hear any of mine.

I managed to film the video to worlds apart in LA, and another video in New York for my second single ‘Gotta be Somebody’ which was fun. It took longer than I thought it would, but at least it’s done now. I still can’t believe that they both got to number 1 in the UK charts! It just doesn’t seem real.

We were waiting in the van behind the airport so that we didn’t get mobbed by fans. I was sat next to Louis and Zayn, both of them trying to get me to join in their conversation, but I just didn’t feel like. I was so tired and I wanted to go to sleep, but just as I rested my head on Zayn’s shoulder, Paul opened the sliding door to tell us that our plane had been called. I was the last one out, not really wanting to leave the van.

“You alright Lola?” Paul asked as he helped me with my suitcase. I smiled and nodded. “Just tired. At least I can get some sleep on the plane.” He pulled me into a sideways hug before saying, “If there’s anything you wanna talk about, I’m always here.” I thanked him before following the guys into the airport. Once everything was checked and ready to go the guys all ran across the terminal, racing each other to their seats. I chuckled slightly as I followed them, but when I got to first class I noticed that Liam and Niall were sat together, both with their headphones in, and Zayn and Louis were already deep in conversation, a quick glance at me, and then they continued talking.

“Looks like you’re stuck with me.” Harry laughed as I sat down next to him. He was smiling that smile which just made me melt. ‘Stop it Lola!’ I thought. ‘He has a girlfriend, who just so happens to be one of your friends.’ It didn’t stop the butterflies from going mad. “Yeah, looks like it.” I muttered as I took my phone out of my pocket. I had a new bbm alert from Louis.

“Jesus lola! Just relax. Its only harry xx” I sighed as I replied to him.

“you are so dead -.- both of you!”  I didn’t bother waiting for a reply before I turned my phone off and putting it back in my bag. “Is everything alright?” Harry asked. I turned to face him and gave a small smile. “Everything’s fine.” I muttered. “Well, as fine as they can be.” Harry sighed and placed his finger under my chin and made me look at him. “Lola, I know when you’re lying. Now please tell me. I hate seeing you like this.” I closed my eyes trying to stop the tears. “Hey, don’t cry.” Harry whispered. I failed at that one then! I quickly wiped the tear from my cheek and smiled.

“I’m going back to Bradford.” I whispered. I saw Zayn turn sharply to face me. “And you didn’t tell me!?” he hissed. “What’s wrong with going back to Bradford?” Harry asked. Lola shook her head. “Nothing, I’m just being stupid. I’m tired alright. I might try and get some sleep.” I kissed him on the cheek before resting my head on his shoulder. It didn’t take me long to drift off.

-Harry-

Why was Lola so worried about going back to Bradford? And why did Zayn suddenly become so protective? I sighed as I lent my head on the headrest, Lola asleep on my shoulder. I was about to check twitter on my phone when I got a broadcast from Zayn.

“guys, lola would kill me for tellin you this, but mike hits her. He did it last time she was home. That’s why she doesn’t want to go back. She hasn’t heard from her mum in months so she doesn’t know if its all sorted or not. She’s terrified of him.xx”

No! Lola wasn’t abused, was she? She would have told us, all of us, not just Zayn. I looked up and saw that Louis, Liam and Niall had all got the same message. We all looked at each other and then at Zayn.

“How long as it been going on?” Niall asked. Zayn shrugged. “She didn’t tell me, but we were talking yesterday and she was trying to come up with ways for not having to back home.” He mumbled. I looked at Lola, and I swear I fell in love with her more and more each day. She kept that from us, pretending that everything was alright, but-

“She’s been acted strange for months now though.” Liam said. “It’s got to be something else, as well as Mike, that’s making her like this.” Zayn nodded. “I know there is. We all know there is, but every time I ask her what wrong she either says she just tired, or she changes the subject.” I turned to Louis, who hadn’t spoken the whole time.

“What do you think Lou?” I asked. He shrugged. “Honestly. I’m not surprised she doesn’t want to go back home. I’ve seen the bruises Harry. All up her side. I knew someone was abusing her, but I didn’t know it was her step-dad.” He paused. “I honestly thought she’d talk to you about it.” He mumbled. I could feel a frown forming. “Me? Why me?” I saw Zayn hit him on the arm. “What was that for?” Louis moaned. “I know you and Harry are close, but come one! It’s not for us to say!” I looked at Liam and Niall and noticed that they were as confused as I was.

I was about to say something when I felt Lola lift her head, took her seatbelt off and ran to the toilets. Zayn was about to get up and follow her, but I was already there. I got there just in time to pull her hair away before she threw up. “Lola, what’s going on?” I whispered. She shook her head as she washed her mouth out. “Listen, Zayn told us about Mike-“ she cut me off by laughing. “It’s not Mike I’m worried about Harry.” She said. “Then what is?” I asked as I helped her up. “I just don’t feel right. I think I’m coming down with something.” She said. “I need sleep.” She added as she walked past me and went back to her seat.

I sat back next to her and she rested her head on my shoulder again and was asleep in minutes. “What did she say?” Louis asked as the others all crowded round. “Not a lot. Something’s definitely wrong though.” I mumbled as we all looked at her sleeping form. A strand of hair had fallen across her face, so I tucked it behind her ear. As I pulled my hand away she took hold of it and gently squeezed it before falling asleep properly.

“You like her don’t you?” I heard Louis whisper as Niall and Liam went back to their seats. I didn’t answer because I didn’t know the answer. “We’ll take that as a yes then.” Zayn said as he went back to his seat. I sighed as I pulled my phone out and started texting Amber and my family, telling them when I’d be home. Lola was a little restless in her sleep, but she moved her head into the crook of my neck and I saw her smile. I gently kissed her hair and rest my head against hers and eventually fell asleep.

If you didn't notice, 'Gotta Be Somebody' is on the side :) Its a Nickelback song, and if you don't like them then you have no life ;P