Chapter 3

I would just like to make it clear that any songs mentioned, or to have been claimed to be written by me (or any charactors) in this fanfic, are not true in any way, shape or form. They have indeed been written by other artists, and I am only using them as part of the fanfic. So please don't say I have stollen them, because they are only used for the purpose of this story, and if I've some how come to offend anyone, then I'm sorry, but yeah... on with the chapter :)

Also, the actual song mentioned is on the side (C'mon C'mon by Olly Murs)

-Lola-

I woke up the next day to someone ringing the buzzer to my flat. Ugh, who wants me at this time in the morning, I thought as I crawled out of bed. I picked up the phone thing in the hall and was greeted by Karyn’s chirpy voice. “Rise and Shine Lola!” she called. “Big day today.” I groaned as I let her in and opened the front door so she could just walk in. hang on, how did Harry even get in the building to wait for me on the stairs? I thought. I was interrupted by Karyn plonking herself on the sofa. “I wok you up, didn’t I?” she asked. I nodded, scowling at her slightly. “Well, come on!” she said, suddenly business like. “They haven’t got all day.” I sighed as I headed back to my room to get changed.

http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=50031556 I was ready in five minutes. I know it was an interview for my possible future, but I really wasn’t in the mood anymore. I just wanted to sleep. “Why’d you get me up so early?” I asked Karyn as we made our way to her car. Karyn was in her mid-forties, and she was the ‘teacher’ I was on about. She’d ‘taken me under her wing’ and she was the one that got me this interview. I could have been more grateful, but again, I just wanted to sleep.

“Well, I got a call late last night and they said that they wanted to change the interview time to the morning.” She said as she started the car. “Except, it’s no longer an interview.” I frowned. “So, I don’t have an interview anymore?” I asked. I was always slow in the mornings. “Nope.” She popped the p as she said it, a smile forming on her lips. “Instead, you’re going straight into the studio to record C’mon C’mon.” she exclaimed. I was wide away now.

“I’m going to be recording?” I asked. She just nodded, now keeping her eyes on the road. “But, why?” I asked. “They haven’t even heard me sing yet.” I said. Karyn didn’t look at me. “Karyn, what exactly have you done?” I asked. “I may have sent in a recording of you singing a cover of One Thing during the week.” She mumbled. She may be 40 something, but she sure acted like my age at times.

“Karyn!” I shouted, making her jump. “What?” she asked. “I’m not going to lie to you Lola. You’re the best singer/songwriter we’ve had at the college in a long time, and I’m not having to miss this opportunity.” She said. She’d always looked out for me ever since I started at the college. She was like the mum I never had in a way. “Thanks.” I mumbled as I looked out the window.

I’d started to get nervous now. It’s not that I wasn’t ready for this, I was, and it’s just that what if I wasn’t what they expected? What if they didn’t like me, or the songs I’d written? I started biting my nail as we pulled into the studio car park. “We’re here.” Karyn said as she stopped the engine. “Lola, stop that!” she said as she batted my hand away from my face. I smiled as I got out the car, my dark brown hair falling to my shoulders. It had curled where I’d gone to bed with it wet, but at least it was tame for once. “Ready?” Karyn asked.

I nodded, the butterflies in my stomach going crazy. “Lola, stop worrying. If they didn’t like you, then we wouldn’t even be here.” She said as she dragged me into the building. She told me to sit down whilst she went and spoke to someone.