Chapter 14

-Lola-

The next couple of months went by in a blur. It had become official that Harry and Amber had broken up, and Harry wanted to tell everyone that we were together. I didn’t want that. Not just yet. I didn’t want to be hated by ‘Directioners’ for the break-up of Harry and Amber. I said all this to Zayn when me and Perrie had gone shopping together and Zayn had come and picked us up. “Most of the fans didn’t like Amber though, and they love you. They know you’re our best friend, you get along with all the girlfriends. They’re not gonna hate you.” Zayn thought I was just being silly. I probably was, but I still had that worry that something was going to happen to stop me and Harry from being together.

The day after I got the cast of my wrist I phoned Amber up so that we could talk. It was awkward to begin with, until Jack came and got us talking again as if nothing had ever happened. “I want you to be with Harry.” Amber had said when we were leaving Starbucks. “I’d prefer to be you then anyone else.

Now, I was in the car with the lads, on the way to Daybreak so the boys could do an interview about their new album. My album, Learning to Fall, had reached number one in October, and had been there for the past month. Now it was One Directions turn to knock me off the top spot. “Its never gonna happen.” I teased them when it was released at the beginning of the week. “We’ll see.” Harry whispered in my ear sending shivers through my body. Now, the interview at ITV studios would be at one of the first interviews and its fair to say we were all tired. “I still don’t get why I have to come.” I mumbled, my head leaning on Harry’s shoulder as we pulled into the studio’s. “Because I want you to be there.” Harry said as he kissed my head before climbing out of the van. I sighed and heaved myself out. I yawned as I followed Paul and the other into the studio. There were fans outside but Paul said that they were already late. Just as the door closed behind me I heard one of them shout, “What’s that slut doing there!?” I turned to Paul, and by the looks of it he’d heard too. “Come on.” Paul said as we got to the dressing room where Lou Teasdale was there make them look presentable.

I sat myself down on the sofa and turned to the TV screen, which was showing Daybreak, and saw that the camera had gone outside so that people could see the amount of fans that had turned out to just get a glimpse of the band. “Still popular then?” I joked before yawning again. “Lola, could you come over and get you’re make up done please?” Lou asked. I frowned as I turned to face her. “I’m not going to be in the interview.” I said slowly, in case I’d missed something. She was about to answer when the door burst open and showed Karyn standing there, clutching a stitch in her side. “Lola, there you are.” She panted. “I’ve just been told by the producers  that you’re gonna be performing with the boys.” My eyes went wide as I turned to face them. They were all trying to keep a straight face, all failing miserably. “You knew this was happening, didn’t you?” I asked, looking at each of them in turn. “Might have.” Louis said, giving me a wink before heading out of the door. “When song are we signing?” I asked Liam before he could follow Louis. “Er, I think it’s a Boys Like Girls song, can’t remember.” He said as he followed the others. I sighed as I took my seat infront of the mirror as Lou got working on my hair. “How can he not remember the song if he’s gonna be singing it?” I asked Lou. She shrugged and kept quiet.

I saw the TV in the corner of my eye, just as the lads walked onto the set and took their places on the sofa. They started the interview when Lou said that I was done. I sighed and followed Karyn to the set where the guys band where already set up. There were only 2 microphones set up and I saw Josh wink at me as I stood in front of one of them. “So, the fateful question. Girlfriends?” Holly asked. “We still know the Liam Louis and Zayn are still with their girlfriends. How longs that been now Liam?” She asked him. I saw him smile. “3 years and counting.” The whole crowd went ‘aww’. “Now Harry. We know you broke up with Amber nearly 4 months ago. Have you found that someone special?” she asked him. I saw him look at the guys, and they all looked as if they were encouraging him to say yes. He then turned to me and smiled. “Actually…”

-Harry-

I turned to face Lola, who was staring back me. She looked so confused, which made her look so cute. “Actually…” I took a deep breath before turning back to Holly. “This is gonna sound so cheesy.” I mumbled, but I knew everyone had heard. As I stood up, the band started playing the familiar tune of “Two is better than one.” By Boys Like Girls. Lola’s eyes went wide as she recognised the song as well. She always played to herself whenever something was bothering her, and lately, she’d been playing it a lot. I started singing lyrics, not taking my eyes of Lola.

“I remember what you wore on the first day

You came into my life and I thought

"Hey, you know, this could be something"

'Cause everything you do and words you say

You know that it all takes my breath away

And now I'm left with nothing”

Lola was shaking her head, as if to say no, she wasn’t going to sing with me, but I pouted at her, which made her roll her eyes and she joined in at the chorus.

So maybe it's true

That I can't live without you

And maybe two is better than one

But there's so much time

To figure out the rest of my life

And you've already got me coming undone

And I'm thinking two is better than one

We continued to sing the song, me not taking my eyes off Lola, which made her cheek flush red. When we’d finished signing, I took the mike out of the stand and started walking towards Lola. “Yes Holly, I do have a girlfriend. And she’s the most beautiful person I’ve laid eyes on. I love you Lola.” Her eyes went wide at those words. I was the first to say it, and I wasn’t afraid to. “I loved you from the moment I met you. Say you love me too.” I asked the last bit to Lola. The whole studio had gone quiet, all waiting for Lola to say she loved me too.

She shook her head, clear for everyone to see. I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. We’ve been together for 3 months and she doesn’t love me? I could feel tears start to prickle at my eyes. “I can’t tell you that I love you Hazza.” She said into the mike, her voice sounded so much louder in the eerie silence. “B…but I can show you.” She said before walking over to me and crashing her lips on mine. It was a kissed we’d never shared before. Full of love, and passion, but she was also telling me that she was scared. We pulled apart and looked at each other, my forehead lent against hers. “I promise to never break your heart.” I whispered before kissing her again.

The whole studio erupted in applause, cheers and shouts, and the rest of the guys came running over and hugged us. “Well you heard it here.” I only just about heard Holly say. “Harry and Lola are together, and about time too!” Lola started laughing as I pulled her into a hug. “I love you.” She muttered under her breath, just loud enough for me to hear. “I love you more.” She playfully hit me on the chest. “I love you the most.” She said before poking her tongue out at me. “That’s not possible.” I said before kissing her again. “Guys, we need to go.” I heard Paul say he started pushing us back towards the dressing room. “I can’t believe you just did that.” Lola said her cheeks still red from embarrassment. “Well, no matter what happens now, we’ll get through this, together.” I whispered in her ear so none of the others could hear. I knew she was scared about what the fans would say, Zayn had told me, but I love her, and I’m gonna fight for her. If the fans don’t like it then they can’t call themselves fans, can they?