Chapter 6

-Lola-

The next couple of weeks were better than I expected. Christmas was a bit awkward, but what with mum and Lucy there, me and Mike didn’t really talk. I wished Louis a happy birthday, which he replied to as if he were 5! I spent as much time out of the house as possible, mainly spending it with Zayn and his family. I was always back in the house by the time Lucy was ready for bed. It was always me who read her stories to get her to sleep; otherwise she’d cry and tire herself out, something of which both mum and Mike were happy I was back for Christmas. What can I say, at least someone loves me, aye?

I kept reminding mum, Mike and Lucy that I would be going back to London after the new year. “Why?” Lucy kept asking. “Why can’t you stay here with us?” she asked. She’d always been able to guilt trip me, but this time I was adamant that I was leaving. “You really wanna know why?” I asked her. She nodded, suddenly excited that I was about to tell her. I knew that Mum and Mike were outside her bedroom. They always wanted to make sure that she was asleep. “Well. You know how I love singing right?” she nodded. “You’re always singing Lola.” She said happily. “And always writing the words for new songs down.” I smiled at her. “Well, whilst I was in London, I had an interview.” She frowned. “For a job?” she asked. “Kind of.” I said. I turned to face mum and Mike. “It was an interview at Universal Music.” I said. I saw mum smile slightly, and I avoided any eye contact. “I’ve got a recording deal with them.” I smiled as Lucy got confused. “What does that mean?” she asked. I sighed as I tucked you up in bed. “It means that, you know all those music videos you watch on the tv?” I asked. She nodded. “Well, its means that I get to record my own songs, make my own videos, and get lots of money.” I whispered the last bit which made her giggle.

“You mean, you get to meet all the famous people who sing.” She paused. Suddenly, her eyes went wide. “One Direction!?” She squealed. I quickly settled her down, her starting to droop. “Well, you know how I’m never in the house?” she nodded, her head finally hitting the pillow. I was about to tell her about meeting the band, and how I’ve been spending all my time with Zayn, but she’d fallen asleep. I sighed as I kissed her on the head and headed out the door. I quietly closed it and turned to face Mum.

“Is that true?” she asked. “About the record deal?” I nodded. She had the biggest smile on her face as she pulled me into a hug. “My baby girls going to be famous.” She whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes. “So, are you going to let me go back to London? It’s just that I’m gonna be working with Olly Murs in the studio, and he’s gonna be a bit bummed if I don’t show up.” Her jaw dropped. “You’ve met Olly Murs?” she asked. (She’s a huge fan btw) I nodded. “So, can I?” I asked. She started nodding and pulled me into another hug. “I’m so proud of you Lola.” She whispered. “and I know your dad is too.”

I could feel my eyes welling up with tears. “Thanks mum.” I whispered as I pulled out the hug and went into my room. I changed a quick glance at Mike and he looked furious! I closed my door and locked it. I still didn’t trust him enough to leave it unlocked. I sighed as I landed on my bed. It felt so much better to have told them. I smiled as I turned the tv on, putting the music channels on just for the background music. I then logged onto twitter on my laptop and went straight to my mentions.

It. Was. Spammed. Where had they all come from? I thought. I scrolled down and saw that Olly had mentioned me, along with all the boys. They’d also followed me, which was nice. i decided to tweet something, explaining my absence, but couldn’t think of anything to say.

Instead, I wrote: @Lola_GJames: Lucy seems excited about my new career change :’) can’t wait to get back to London!

I sighed out and logged off the laptop before changing into my Pj’s and getting under the covers. It was only half 7, but that didn’t stop me from getting comfy J I decided to my al time favourite film, Love Actually. I was more tired than I thought I was because I fell asleep watching it.