twenty two

hey guys, so I hit 3K reads the other day! omg thankyou guys so much!

________________________

The school day went fast, it consisted of glares and questions and a few laughs. I didn't care. I just wanted to get home and get ready for the party.

The first night as Luke's girlfriend. I smiled as i rushed into my house, the lights was all on so i was sure mom was gome and i was determined to get some answers.

I seem so distant from her lately. She never has a full conversation without randomly dashing off to work. Maybe she has found another man? What happens if she has? What happens if she has got another job and we have to move miles away from The Brooks brothers, Daniel and James. My heart started to pound violently in my chest as i entered the living room where mom was watching television.

"Hey mom" i smiled, shyly. "Hey Hope, whats up?" she beamed.

She looked happier than normal. "Mom, whats going on?" I blurted out. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she switched the T.V off. "You have been going to work every night and you never spend time with me anymore" i sighed, dropping my school bag on the floor.

"I'm sorry Hope, work have been needing me to cover. A friends ill and im getting payed extra" She smiled, standing up and giving me a warm hug.

I can tell when she is lying,i always have been able to. Right now, shes lying to me. I didn't want to dig her too much at the subject. She will have to tell me sooner or later what it is, right? I mean i'm her daughter, she should tell me everything if she expects me to tell her everything.

"What could i do to make up for it?" She smiled, pulling away from the hug. I thought hard and smirked as i came up with something fun and practical to spend my time on. "Dress shopping" i squealed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you need a dress for?" Mum asked as we drove to the mall.

"I'm going to a party tonight" I said, looking at her through the top of my Ray Ban sunglasses. "Why couldn't you wear any of the dresses in your wardrobe?" She laughed, concentrating on the road. "Tonights party is special mom, plus you owe me" "Yes, but we couldn't have gone on a small holiday for the week, but you chose to come shopping." She sighed, relaxing into her chair. "Tonight is the first night of dating Luke, i want to make an impression" i said, flinging my arms around.

We came to a halt and i realized we had arrived. "You have a boyfriend?" Mum asked. I blushed and nodded my head. "Then we need more than just a dress, we need shoes, your hair done and makeup." She smirked. My grin widened with excitement as i looked at the large building.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We want something nice" Mum told the hairdresser. "I could color it differently?" the stylist suggested. My heart started to race, my hair has only been this color for a few weeks. My makeover caught Luke's attention, what if he looses interest? I looked in the mirror. I didnt really like the color of my hair anyway. It made me look somewhat cheap and nasty but the new Hope would like it, the new Hope that Luke likes. My mum whispered in the hairdressers ear and they both grinned. I closed my eyes as i heard the stylist begin their work.

After what seemed like hours, i heard gasping. I opened my eyes and looked slowly into the mirror.

What if its horrible? What if it makes my look too innocent?

I gasped as i looked at my new hair . It was blonde. No bright color, no dark color... Just blonde. "You look beautiful" Mum smiled, i could tell she was being genuine and not mocking me but i instantly felt ashamed. "I look too innocent." i whispered. "Hope, your hair dye was going to come out soon anyway, it was semi permanent" The hair dressed explained. I was thankful that i wouldnt have to go back brown but disappointed. I didnt like the color of the last one but it made me different. "If people only like you for your hair color, they're the ones with a massive problem" Mum said, running her fingers through my newly died hair. "You wont look innocent when you have your makeup and clothes on" The stylist smiled at me. I forced a smile, agreeing to her. I liked the color, like really liked it. But i was afraid that people would see me as the old Hope.

The new me wouldn't be upset over a hair colour, she would go shop for an amazing dress. So that's what i'm going to do.

"Thankyou so much, i love it" I said, standing up and hugging the lady who fixed my hair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We searched the shop, through endless dresses and dresses but we couldn't find the right one.

"I want it to be short and badass" My mum said to the shop owner, who had come to give us assistance.

"I have the perfect dress i think" The staff told us, showing us to a dress.

I don't know why i hadn't noticed it, it was literally perfect. It wasnt to revealing but it wasn't to girly. It was sexy and i like it.

I want this please, i smiled. Not even wanting to try it on first. "Are you sure?" Mom asked, holding the dress up to my front. "Mom i'm sure, just buy it!" I squealed with excitement. We payed for the perfect dress and walked to the shop next door, shoes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my outfit, my hair was done, my makeup was done. I had everything ready and on, all i had to do was wait for Luke to pick me up.

I looked at the clock 8:15pm. He was supposed to pick me up at 8. I picked up my phone and rang him. "Hello?" I heard his voice quietly. "Where are you? i'm all ready?" i asked, smiling at my reflection in the mirror. "Im on my way now, i had some business to sort out" He said, before hanging up.

"Rude" i muttered under my breathe as i heard the doorbell ring. I looked at my reflection one more time before i made my way downstairs. Excited isn't even the word!