four

When I got home I opened up my phone and facebook messaged Luke.

To: Luke Brooks

What's your number?

He probably wont get around to messaging back through the hundreds of other girls that want to know why he didn't ring them back or message them. I bet behind his bad boy mask he is just as sensitive as any normal person. I had to admit that I did develop a small crush on Luke. Not one big enough to let him walk all over me though. Any girl would like Luke, even if its just a tiny bit. His personality isn't charming but girls like bad boys. And that's exactly what he was. No word could describe him better than that specific one. My phone buzzed catching me off guard.

From: Luke Brooks

It's 0412 345 678

A/N: Not a real number

I sighed and saved it into my phone as 'Brooks' It was a nickname I found myself calling him a lot more than his first name. He didn't give me a nickname. He forgot my real name most of the time and I don't blame him.

I heard the roar of thunder from outside and flinched. I hated thunder and lightening. They were my worst fears, I don't know why but I never like them. I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and hoped it would stop but it didn't. It just got louder and louder.

I picked up my phone and rang the only person that could help me...Luke.

"Hello?" He answered, his voice was sweet and calm unlike mine.

"Luke im scared" I whispered. I didn't want to sound stupid. He has only known me for a day... But surprisingly he wanted to help.

"Are you at yours? Ill come and get you in Beaus car. Wont be long" He shut off his phone and I instantly felt like an idiot.

I'm 16 and sat here shaking because of a storm. A boy with high expectations is on his way to help me and he has only known me for a day.

I heard a knock at my door and I slowly opened it. "Im stupid, you should just go home" I told him, shutting the door.

His foot stopped me and he pushed his way in. "What are you scared of?" He asked, softly. This wasn't like Luke Brooks.

"Im scared of storms, okay. Laugh at me now" I sighed, realising he was just going to laugh at me about being stupid and leave.

"There is nothing wrong with being scared." I looked up at him. Did he really just say that.

"Didn't think you could be so sensitive Brooks" I said, shaking slightly from the pandemonia going on with the weather.

"Come on, ill take you to mine" He said, opening the front door and pointing to his car.

"Why are you being so kind?" I asked, confused in his sudden change of personality.

"Im not. Jai told me to come and get you" He laughed. I grunted and stormed out of the front door. I genuinely thought he was doing something nice for me... but why? Its Luke Brooks im on about. I don't expect anything different from, well I shouldn't.

"Why did Jai tell you to come?" I asked as we drove in silence.

"It was actually him on the phone, he didn't want you to be alone in the storm because he feels bad"

"Ugh, I don't need no one to feel sorry for me" I shouted.

"Don't fucking shout Hope" Luke moaned. I groaned and sat back in my seat.

They think of me as some invalid who needs support and attention. I have gone long enough without it and don't need protecting by some arseholes. I thought Jai was a nice guy but he just feels sorry for me.

"As soon as this project is over I can go back to being someone you just walked past or laughed at" I snapped.

"Calm down, most girls in the year would swap places with you. You just wanted to stay with me being your partner" he smirked. "Don't flatter yourself" I replied before sinking into my chair and foulding my arms. Why did I have to be scared of storms?