eleven

After the small amount of pain and teary eyes, I looked in the mirror. It didn't look like me. I looked more different than I have ever looked or imagined to look. "It suits you" Luke smiled at me, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. "Shall we go grab something to eat?" I suggested, changing the subject and trying to serve past my rosy red cheeks. "Sure" Luke laughed, we made our way out of the room into the front where the counter was. "Thank you so much" I beamed at the lady, preferably the owner, of the shop. "Any time, it looks nice" she smiled, talking about my new piercing. "Thanks" I repeated my self. "How much is it?" I asked, taking out my purse from my bag. "No, im paying" Luke said, stepping forward and handing his card to the woman, who gladly took it. "You don't have to pay" I sighed, looking at him. "No, but I want to" he smiled, as he took his credit card from the lady. "You have seemed to change him" the shop owner shot my a toothy grin. "Pardon?" I asked, politely. "Since you have been dating, he's changed" "We aren't dating" Luke cut her off sternly. I looked at him and looked down. He sounded to defensive over the idea of dating me, it kinda' hurt. My cheeks were probably turning a deep shade of red but I tried to cover them as we left the small piercing parlour.
"Lets go to McDonalds" I suggested, trying to break the silence. "Uh, Hope. I don't think we should" he stated, stopping and scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "Why?" I asked. "Its just, people think we are dating and I cant let anyone ruin my reputation, do you get me?" he said, putting his hands in the pockets of his hooded jacket. I just nodded my head. I felt like running away and locking myself up to cry, alone. I felt ashamed and embarrassed. He cares about nothing but himself, why did I fall for it. "I enjoyed hanging out with you, whilst you wasn't being a dick" I spat, before turning on my heal and running. I ran towards my house, ignoring his calling me from a distance. I really liked him. Why did it have go be him I fell for? Why couldn't it be a charming boy who isn't going to blow me off because he is scared other girls wont want him.
When I reached my house I ran in and locked the door behind me. I threw my bag on the floor and sat next to it. I heard a noise in the kitchen and realised it was probably my mum, but I didn't care. I wanted to cry. I attempted so hard and he friend zoned me. "Hope, is that you?" My mums voice trembled from above me. "mum" I let out in between sobs. "What have you don't to your hair? I have only been gone for two days." she muttered. She didn't sound angry, I looked up at her. "And a piercing, what is happening Hope?" she said, crouching beside me. "Are you angry?" I sobbed. "Im not angry, I knew that you wouldn't be my little girl forever"she smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Besides, you look nice. I like the look" she added. I laughed lightly before putting my head back into my hands. "What's wrong?" She asked, concerned. I thought she would be pissed off but she wasn't? Some thing is making her happy and its making me suspicious. I wont question it, I like her when she isn't shouting.
I explained everything to mum about liking Luke and his reputation, my appearance and the party. "You sound like me when I was your age" she giggled, ruffling my hair. "I just don't know what to do" I sighed, tucking loose strands of hair behind my ears. "Show him what he's missing" She suggested, standing up. nodded my head and stood up too, straightening out my skirt and walking up stairs. "Where are you going? Get back to school" My mum, shouted after me. "This is the first day I have taken away from school in 3 years" i groaned. "Fine, where are you going?" She asked, giving up. "To Skype Ally" I shouted, running up into my bedroom.
I opened my laptop and opened up Skype. Shes online. I started to ring her and opened up another tab, I went onto facebook and moaned as I realised I had 20+ messages. I scrolled down them, most was saying that the party was good and some was spam but one in particular caught my eye. 'Luke Brooks' "Why are you so pissed off?" I closed it off, without replying as Ally answered. "Hey Ho- Who are you?" She asked, rudely. "Its Hope, don't ask" I said, bored of all the questions I was getting every second of the day. "I wont, so whats up?" My sister asked. I smiled, knowing I could confide in her and I laid down, this is going to be a long and well needed conversation.