thirty eight

OMG OKAY SO ITS BEEN ALMOST YEAR NOW AND AFTER A LOT OF THOUGHT IM GOING TO BE UPDATING MORE RECENTLY IM SO SO SO SORRY FOR ABANDONING THIS STORY BUT I PROMISE THERE WILL BE MORE UPDATES SOON XOXO

(you may want to re-read a couple of the last chapters just to refresh yourself on the story)

_____________________________

HOPES P.O.V

It's been almost a week now. Sleepless nights, days spent in a boring white room. I'm worried about Beau. I've never seen him this sad. It's like he's numb. He never speaks. Has no emotion anymore. He's dull. I want to help him. I hate seeing someone who is usually so bubbly and happy be the complete opposite. I care a lot about Beau & I hate seeing him this way.

The doctors think Luke will wake up soon. I hope they're right. Without Luke everything will be so different. I don't even want to think about it.

The familiar ding of the metal elevator interrupted my thoughts. I stepped out onto the white tiled floor & silently made my way down to Luke's room. Jai and Gina were sitting beside the bed. They both gave me small smiles as I walked into the vicinity. Beau didn't. He was sat on the other side of the room, in a plain white chair, facing the window. He would just sit there and blankly stare out that same window. It broke my heart.

After what seemed like hours of the room being silent, someone made a noise. It wasn't me, and it surely wasn't Beau. I looked at Jai and he looked confused, as if he was wondering who made the noise as well. Gina also had the same expression on her face.

I must've been seeing things because I thought I saw Luke's hand move. After Gina gasped and Jai looked at me with wide eyes, I knew that what I saw was real. Jai grabbed onto Luke's hand. Everything seemed like it was in slow motion. Beau got up from his seat and came and stood next to me. I looked at him and smiled. And for the first time in a while, he actually smiled back.

I wasn't sure if I was dreaming when Luke's eyes fluttered opened. He squinted as his eyes adjusted to the bright white light above him. Gina squealed in excitement. "My baby..you're finally awake. I love you so much" She said as she attacked him with hugs and kisses. "I love you too Mum." He chuckled. Luke looked at Jai and smiled. They hugged eachother & Beau did the same. After Luke and Beau finished hugging he looked right at me.

He didn't smile. He didn't hug me. Instead he looked confused. "...and you are?" He questioned. That's when I knew it wasn't a dream. This was a nightmare. My heart fell into my stomach. My throat closed up & I couldn't breathe. Luke didn't know who I was. I loved him. I still love him. And he has no idea who I am.

I ran out of the room. I sprinted out of the hospital doors with tears in my eyes. How could this happen. How could he not remember everything we went through. I heard Jai scream out my name from the other end of the road. But it was too late. I was gone & I wasn't coming back.

_____________________________

I'm sorry if this was really shit but I'd really appreciate if anyone has any ideas for this story.
Like & Comment xxx