eight

I opened up the door to be greeted by Jai. "Everyone is on there way" he said, whilst texting.
I was scared of what he was going to think about my change of appearance. He looked up from his phone and his mouth dropped open, forming he shape of an 'O'. "Too much?" I gulped. "No, you look..." I just raised my eyebrows, suggesting that he should finish his sentence. "Hot" He smiled. I gave him a quick smile in return before cars started to arrive. Great.
The party was in full swing and I had had multiple nice comments about my changed look. I didn't care about what all them people had to say, I wanted to see Luke. I left the kitchen and made my way through the dancing girls and drunken boys until I saw Beau. "Hope?" He shouted over the loud music and singing. "Hey" I shouted back, making sure he heard. "You took my advice" he slurred, smiling. He was clearly very drunk. "Do you need to lie down? You look sick" I asked, concerned. "No, Im fine." He laughed, grabbing hold of my hand. I laughed and danced with him.
So far I have waited for Luke and It doesn't look like he is going to show up so I might as well enjoy myself. I made my way into the kitchen where very few people was. Just a girl. I took a drink and gulped it down quickly. I have never been drunk before today, but it felt good. I enjoyed not being the nobody. Im glad I changed.
"Are you Hope?" The girl asked from across the kitchen. "Yeah, why?" I slurred, turning around to look at her fully. "Luke Brooks went upstairs looking for you" She laughed, pouring herself a drink. "Oh, thanks. What's your name by the way?" I asked, on my way out of the kitchen. "Jade" she called. I just nodded my head and made my way upstairs. "LUKE" I shouted, I didn't want to walk into any of the rooms and see anything. "Hope?" I heard someone call from the top of the stairs, I turned and saw Luke. "Oh hi" I slurred, taking a sip of my drink. "You look different" He stated simply. "mmm" I mumbled. "You suddenly changed overnight" he added. "I didn't change, this was me all along. People are just noticing me now" I spat before sitting down and resting on the wall. Luke walked over and sat next to me. "You look nice though" He whispered in my ear. I turned to look at him and smiled. "Thank you" I said, swallowing. "So, what inspired you to come out of your shell" he laughed. "I just needed confidence." I explained. "So is this the start of a new Hope?" he asked, nudging me. "Im the same person" i said, standing up and walking downstairs. "Hope wait up" Luke shouted, running after me. I stopped and he grabbed hold of my wrist, pulling me into the bathroom and locking the door. "This is cosy" i laughed, sitting on the edge of the bath tub. "I enjoy hanging out with you" he said, pulling me up and holding onto my hips. I gulped and looked into his eyes. What was I doing? He doesn't mean it. But i wished he did. "Im not letting you hurt me" I whispered, before pulling away. "Whats that supposed to mean?" He sighed. "You don't have much respect for girls Brooks." "All I said was that I enjoy spending time with you. Don't flatter yourself" he laughed. "I don't need you to like me" I lied. "Are you sure about that?" he smirked, stepping closer to me. I breathed in hard and looked at him. "You did all this for me didn't you?" he read me like a book. "No" I lied again. "Then why didn't you do it before we started talking?" he said, stepping even closer. I looked at the floor and pushed a strand of hair out of my face. He pushed up my chin so i was staring directly at him. "Well?" he questioned. "Maybe i wanted people to realise im a person too." I said, shoving him out of the way and reaching for the lock. He stopped me and i slowly turned around. "I think we might become friends Hope" he laughed. I shot him a fake smile before turning on my heel and walking out of the bathroom.
Why did he always have to be so vain? I had a plan. I was going to mess with him. Time for plan B. Project Jai.